51

"Kid?" Bruce's voice makes you snap back to reality, lifting your gaze from your hands to find everyone staring at you.

Their worried and confused expressions making your heart stop beating for a long second. Sweat wetting your palms and your breathing becoming agitated at not hearing them say anything.

Did I miss something they said?

Your eyes immediately search Natasha's, finding them regretful and concerned. Is it possible that she said something about your memory? Did she think it would be better to tell them than hide it and she went behind your back to the team?

"Did something—"

"What did you do, kid?" Bruce sighs, running a hand down his face.

"What?" You ask confused, frowning and meeting Natasha's eyes again.

"Let's not rush into anything, we have to wait for him to tell us more about it." Steve says, giving you a sympathetic look.

"He? He who?" You ask, swallowing hard. "What's wrong?"

"Would Doctor Stephen Strange call a meeting in the middle of the day is something wasn't wrong?" Tony snaps. "He said he needed to clear something important up. About you. Your past." Placing his hands in the desk in front of you.

"About me?" You repeat, your heartbeat hammering your ears.

"You have a chance to explain yourself—to come out clean before he tells us, y/n." Tony hisses, locking eyes with Bruce.

Your desperate eyes find Natasha's again and your heart stops when she shakes her head before looking away.

No.
Could it be that they already know everything?

"You're not fooling anyone." Tony raises his voice, slamming a hand on the table. "When were you going to tell us huh? Were you going to tell us?"

Steve steps closer to him. "Stark—"

The lump in your throat making impossible for you to breathe.

"I was right about you!" Tony snaps, his eyes full of hate making your eyes fill with tears.

"Tony, calm down." Natasha's voice comes out shaky.

"T-tony, I—" You stand up, taking a few steps back from him.

"Tony?" Tony shouts. "When were you going to tell us the part where you're a trained spy?"

No no no no.

Your eyes widen, tears streaming down your cheeks as you find it impossible to breathe.

"Let's calm down." Natasha says, trying to calm Tony down by placing a hand on his shoulder, which he slaps away before turning back to you.

"Does Barnes know?" Your heart stops. "Does he know that you work for the people who destroyed his life?" Tony yells, making your back hit the wall. "Answer me!"

Your teary gaze finds Steve's, begging for him to understand.

"We gave you the opportunity, tiny!" Steve snaps. "We treated you like family and you lied to all of us!" His face turning red as Natasha tries to calm him down.

Your breath hitches as thick tears fall down your cheeks at the mention of the truth.

"Answer my question, kid." Tony scowls, fisting his hands at his sides. "Does he know you tortured him for years?" Your heart breaking at his words. "Does he know who he's really going to bed with?" Your eyes snap up to his. "It's all just an act, right? You probably just fucked him because they told you to! You don't even love him."