9

"Come on, you can do it. Just focus on the rock." Strange encourages you.

You and Strange have been training in the manipulation of your energy for approximately 3 hours, practicing moving from small objects to a huge rock of almost 50 pounds.

With the small objects you didn't have any problems but, the moment the objects became heavy and you were more tired, the less you could concentrate. Less if what happened that night in the kitchen and then in your room is playing on replay in your head, causing you to lose your focus.

"The 'no cursing' rule you put up is not helping me at all." You groan, letting your hands fall to your sides when the rock doesn't budge. Again.

"I know you can do it without cursing." Something tugs at Strange's lip, making it look like a small smile.

"Ugh." You whine, stepping into position again.

You stretch your arms out in front of you, making your palms face the rock a few feet away from you before closing your eyes and clearing your mind. You focus on the weight of the rock and convince yourself that it doesn't weigh as much as it really does before opening your eyes and concentrating your magic around it.

Bright blue energy surrounding the huge, solid rock as you try to push it with all your might. The rock moves a bit, rising from its place for a second before falling back to its previous position, earning a loud growl from you.

"Come on, you almost made it!" Clapping hands as encouragement.

"Okay, we can do it." You decide to give it another try as you hear Strange cheering you on, concentrating again on moving the rock.

Your fingers curl and you feel your eyes turn bright blue, feeling your skin heat like every time you use your powers but gradually getting used to the sensation as the rock begins to give in, rolling back a few times. A huge smile spreads across your lips as the rock begins to move continuously, rolling slowly to the other side of the field.

"See? I knew you could do it." Strange nods, walking towards you as the rock stops a few feet away from you.

"Thanks." You pant, crouching and down and resting your hands on top of your knees.

"We are done for today. You did great Y/n." Strange places his hand on your shoulder, opening a portal back to the Sanctorum.

— — —

The hot spray of water wetting and running down every inch of your body relaxing your sore muscles. A little excitement building in your body due to your achievement, feeling that things might not go as bad as you thought.

"Hello? Y/n?"

Shit.

Bucky's voice makes the excitement turn into something between panic and anticipation.

You turn off the shower when you hear his footsteps enter your room, heading for the bathroom.

"Not there. I mean—I'm in the bathroom!" You choke on your words.

Bucky shouts from the other side of the door but you can't understand any other word than Steve's name.

"What? I can't hear you!" Looking for your towel you drop some of your shower products.

"Are you okay in there?" His voice is muffled but sounds closer. Like he's literally speaking through the door crack.

You look down at the shower floor, finding the bottle of shower gel spilled on the bathroom floor. With a groan, you bend down to clean it.