19

"Are you all right?" Her voice makes you snap back to reality.

The soft blue piece of clothing rests in your hands, flooding your head with memories and your eyes with tears once again. You shake your head and put the hoodie back in place, Bucky's scent trailing as you keep looking through your clothes for something to wear. 

Your eyes fall on a flowery summer dress.  Little blue and violet flower patterns adorn the light white fabric that hugs your body. The dress sits at your waist and is loose from your hips down, resting below your ass and flattering your shape while the neckline reveals your collarbones.

"Yup. I found one." You say, showing her the dress.

"That one's cute." Wanda smile, nodding for you to put it on.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be underdressed." You whine, slipping your body into the soft dress.

"Are you sure about this at all?" Wanda crosses her arms over her chest, shooting you a knowing glare.

"Why wouldn't I? This isn't a date, Wanda." You roll your eyes, fixing your hair. "We're just hanging out."

"Uh-huh, sure." Wanda shrugs. "I just thought that you would at least doubt in saying yes."

"And why is that?" You frown.

"I don't know. I thought Bucky and you—"

"Should I wear my hair up or down?" You cut her off just in time, turning your back to her.

"Y/n." Wanda warns you.

I don't want to talk about this. Not again.

A lump forms in your throat as you curl your eyelashes in front of the mirror, trying to dismiss Wanda's words.

"Down right?" You whisper.

"Yes. Down." Wanda sighs, accepting defeat. "I just want to make sure you're comfortable with all of this."

"I'm fine," You turn to her. "We're going to eat and we're going to talk and that's it."

"If you say so..." She shrugs again, flopping down on your mattress.

While Wanda fiddles with your butterfly knife, you finish getting ready. You go into the bathroom to wash your hands and teeth before brushing your hair.

"What time is he going to be here?" Wanda shouts.

"Six o'clock!" You shout back, fixing your necklace in place.

"You have ten minutes then." You hear her laugh.

"I'm almost done." Running out of the bathroom to put on your shoes and some perfume.

"That one smells amazing." Wanda sniffs you, letting out a little hum.

"You look like a dog." You tease, pushing her playfully and making her fall back on the mattress.

"You look hot." She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Thank you."

Two knocks on your door make your and Wanda's eyes widen.

"It's going to be fine," Wanda tells you. "He's a good guy and you're a good girl."

"Shut up." You laugh, hugging her.

"Y/n? It's Steve." You hear him clear his throat. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes!" You blurt out, making Wanda laugh. "Just a minute! I hate you." Whispering the last part to the cackling redhead.

"Go. Have fun." Wanda kisses your temple, swatting your ass as you walk towards your door.

You take a deep breath and open the door, your eyes meeting soft blues looking at you adoringly.