39

3 days later.

You knock on his door, tying your hair up in a messy ponytail.

You hear footsteps approaching the door, holding your breath as the handle turns and the door slowly slides open. His eyes look down at his phone for several seconds before he realizes you're there.

"Hi." You smile.

A soft smile graces Tony's lips before his face scrunches and he steps back. "Is that smell coming out of your body? God damn." Pinching his nose as your jaw drops. His hand flapping in the air.

"That's so rude." You gasp, slapping his hand.

"What is it, kid? Tell me what's bothering so we finish this faster and you can shower before the party." Tony sighs, making room for you to step in. "I don't want my guests worrying more about your smell than that I'm having a kid."

Yep.
Tony Stark, a father.

Not more than 48 hours ago, Tony gathered most of the team at breakfast and broke the news that Pepper was 5 weeks pregnant—almost 2 months. Obviously everyone was happy and obviously Tony had to throw a party to announce it to everyone. Pepper just wanted to sit down and get a good ankle rub but she couldn't deny that the idea of ​​a party to express how happy she was was a good idea.

"There's no way of buttering this up so I'll just ask you, okay?" You sigh.

"Shoot." Tony leans back against his chair, arms crossed over his chest.

"So," You grin. "You can't say no before you I finish, got it?"

He just nods. And rolls his eyes.

"I know you guys have Rumlow in the max so...I was wondering if you'd tell me in which cell he is so I can talk to him?" Looking up from your fingers to find a wide eyed Tony.

"I'm sorry, I think I didn't catch that quite well." He blinks several times, shaking his head.

"Tony—"

"Are you insane?" Tony stands up quickly, slamming his hands on the table with a huge frown.

"Listen to me, I need to talk to him. There are a few things that I need—please, Tony."

"Oh, so the answer is yes—to my question I mean." He rolls his eyes. "Kid, you're not going near that man. No. Nope. Over my dead body."

"But he's the only—"

Tony raises his tone. "No. That's my final answer, kiddo. That man did terrible things to you and you meeting with him is in my top five things I won't let happen."

You nod, tears welling as you understand.

"I just want to protect you, sweetheart." He sighs, walking around the table. "You're getting better and I can't risk having you hurt again because of us." Pulling you into a hug. "You don't know how happy it makes me that you're you again. When you came back I—I won't put you through that, kid."

I need answers.

"I get it." You sniff, messing his hair.

"Okay." He grins wide, stepping back to give you room. "Now, go shower—twice if possible."

"So rude." You laugh, slapping his chest.

"Go." Tony chuckles, sitting on his desk as you leave the room. "Oh, and please," He joins his hands. "Tell Romanoff to wear something long enough."

"She'll wear whatever she wants to wear." You smile, waving him off as you close the door.

— — —