extra|+18

Ana's Pov

Three years later.

"Are you bringing the wipes, baby?" I shout over my shoulder, picking up Ava's sleeping stuffed animal.

I look at the dirty and worn giraffe, laughing silently at his nearly falling from its face eye. Shaking my head, I put it inside her diaper bag.

"Yes, love." I hear Bucky say from the door behind me and I'm not surprised my heart still flips at that husky tone. "Everything's ready like I promised it would be." He's right behind me in a second, his warm hand splaying over my stomach possessively.

Just like always.

I close my eyes, sagging against him. Letting him hold me for a second for the first time this week. Exhausted.

Don't get me wrong, we love our daughter. Ava is about to turn 4 years old and I couldn't be more grateful for how good, smart, sweet, caring and funny she is.

She is also a very energetic girl.

She always comes up with something new to do, especially now that she handles her powers better, until she finally runs out of energy and falls asleep.

Having a daughter is wonderful but it doesn't take away from the fact that Bucky and I really need a little time to ourselves.

He kisses my temple, sneaking his cold hand under my blouse. "Need me to do anything else?" The Brooklyn accent slipping past his lips making me whimper.

"I can't wait to see all the team gathered again." I turn around with his hands still around me. "And I can't wait to have some alone time with you." Nuzzling his throat when he pulls me closer. "I miss you."

God knows I do.

"I miss you too, amore mio." Bucky cups my face, leaning down so his lips brush against mine. "Soon." He promises and presses his lips to mine, making me stumble back.

He holds me in place as his tongue slips into my mouth, dancing with mine. My hands slide up from his waist to his chest, fisting his shirt as he kisses me slow and hard.

"Papà!" Her small voice making me grin against his lips. "Ho aspettato di sotto come mi avevi detto." Ava crosses her tiny arms over her chest.

My head falls to Bucky's chest. "English, baby." I remind her.

Since we adopted Ava, Bucky and I have tried to raise her with both our beliefs and traditions. We have always told her that it is important to know where we come from, and when we found out that her family had also been Italian, we almost wet ourselves laughing.

Life could not give me the opportunity to have a daughter with my husband, but it put a baby in my path who has a little bit of both of us.

We have decided to teach her Italian and we noticed that it was very easy for her to learn it. We assumed that it was because, before abandoning her, her mother communicated with her in that language. It's really no problem because Bucky and I understand Italian perfectly, but it's important that she speaks English.

"I waited for you." She grumbles. "How long until we go?"

She's so excited to see her cousins, I can see it in those beautiful blue eyes.

"Come here." I crouch, opening my arms for her. "Can you wait five more minutes? We just need to pack some snacks." Her big eyes snap up to mine. Her pout long gone.

"Snacks? As in peanut butter and bananas?" Ava jumps a little, clapping her hands.

Just like when she was a baby.