37

June 6th, 2016.

"That's just awful, Miss Maximoff." Vision pointed out, walking towards you and Wanda who are building—or at least trying to build a sand castle.

"Shut up vis!" Wanda grunted, rolling her eyes at him.

Tony, as always, decided that the team should finish celebrating the party that you unintentionally ruined with your powers. He said that he and Pepper had bought a beach house and that they could continue the party there and you all agreed, thinking it would be a good idea and relax some.

After Steve told you that you would have to go to a certain Doctor Strange, you spent your days worrying and nervous about what he would tell you about your powers. You also thought that a weekend at the beach would be fun so, after making fun of Peter for not being able to go, you said yes.

"That was cruel Vision, some of us are built different." You shook your head, sighing when the water destroyed your sand castle attempt again.

Vision just kept laughing until Wanda turned to him with glowing red eyes and a sand ball on her hand.

You laughed at the sight of Vision and Wanda flying around, trying to get away from each other.

"Hey kid," Natasha waved at you. "you know what we should do? A sandcastle contest!" Smirking widely.

"That would be awesome!" You grinned excitedly.

You and Natasha walked over to where Pepper was sitting with a book in one hand and a pina colada in the other. After telling her the idea, she loved it and you started planning everything before going to the team.

"Okay, we're going to have a sandcastle contest." Pepper clapped her hands. "The winner has the right to annoy others without them complaining."

You all turned to see Sam.

"We have to choose another price for Samuel, Pepper." You chuckled. "He already does that."

"Since neither Tony nor I will not participate—"

"Why isn't Mr. Stark participating?" Vision frowned.

"Because he's Tony and I'm pretty sure he hates sand." Bruce smiled and everyone nodded in agreement.

"He will be the judge and you already know how he is with this kind of thing, so we better start." Pepper shook her head excitedly, rubbing her hands together. "So," She started reading her notebook. "Sam and Nat are together. Steve is with Bruce, Vision and Thor, Clint with Wanda and—"

Oh no.

You covered your face with your hands, knowing who you'll have to team up with and not liking the idea.

"Say It Pepper, oh please say it!" Sam pleaded in a song-like tone, chuckling and elbowing a expressionless Bucky.

Pepper rolled her eyes before looking at you with apologetic ones. "Bucky and Y/n."

"Yes!" Sam bursted out laughing, making Steve elbow him on the ribs with a "Grow up."

"So," Pepper glanced at her watch. "You have 20 minutes since...Now!" Starting the timer.

You ran to Bucky and pulled him by his arm to a empty space, sitting on the sand and watching him do the same.

"Okay, we can do this." You sighed, tying up your hair into a ponytail.

"Yeah." Bucky nodded.

You and Bucky began to put together a plan as he flattened the land where the castle would go. The sight of Bucky's hands patting the sand brought a smile to your lips before you concentrated on your task. You made a total of three towers, the bigger one on the center and another two on the sides.