47

You wake when you feel a strong, jerky movement, immediately reaching for the body you know is next to you and holding it for dear life. Your chest rising and falling for a second before those familiar silver fingers lift your chin to meet blue eyes looking at you with amusement.

"It's just a little bit of turbulence, love." Bucky leans to whisper to your ear, kissing your temple.

You nod, rubbing your eyes free from sleep before stretching and yawning. "I'm sorry I passed out on you." Cuddling closer.

"That's okay." He nods, his eyes zoning out somewhere along with his mind. A deep frown making you worry.

As much as you want to read his mind and save yourself the 'Nothing's and the 'Im fine's, you promised him you never would. Knowing that it is invading his privacy and that it will get you nowhere but to fight him.

"You think so?" You frowned, dropping the eyelash curler in your hands and turning to look at him.

"Huh?" Bucky tilted his head in confusion. "I didn't say anything."

"Ha ha, funny." You rolled your eyes. "You really think this is okay?" Walking to sit next to him in the bed.

He put down his book, staring at you. "You always look beautiful." But his lips didn't move.

"What?" Your eyes widened and your hands flew to cover your mouth. "How are you doing that?"

"I'm not doing anything!" Bucky snapped, his cheeks flushing.

"Yes you did! You said I "'always look beautiful' and didn't move your lips—Bucky, are you a ventriloquist and haven't told me?" Pushing him back so his head touched the pillows.

"I'm not!" He bursted out laughing, holding your hips. "I swear I didn't say anything."

"I heard you." You frowned.

"Okay, what number am I thinking of?" Bucky brushed your hair back.

"What?" You smiled.

"What number am I thinking of?" He insisted, masking his expression. "So pretty when she frowns."

"Not a number." Your eyes widened again. "You think I look pretty when I frown?"

"Holy shit, baby!" Bucky sat up straight, squeezing your hips. "I think you can read minds."

Your jaw dropped. "I...can?"

"That's good." His smile dropped and yours too. "Love, you have to promise me you won't go here—" Tapping his temple. "—never. Things are not pretty in there and I don't—it's too ugly."

"Okay." You nodded, kissing his forehead. "I promise I won't."

"We have to tell the others." Bucky bit the skin of your neck softly before kissing the same spot, standing up with your legs around him.

"Put me down!" You grinned.

"Bucky?" You ask softly, getting no response from him.

He's worried about the mission.

You twist your body to face him completely, resting your hands on his thighs as your eyes run all over his preoccupied expression.

"Would you stop with that? Everything is going to be fine." You sigh.

"I thought we had an agreement." Bucky's eyes widen in surprise, turning to face you.

"I didn't even have to look inside your head to know that you're thinking the worst." You sigh again, leaning back in your seat.