67| +18

"Umm." Wanda stood up, making every team member stop talking and turn to her. "I want to make an announcement—and invitation."

"Bark, baby." You smiled, knowing what she was going to say.

"Uh, as many as you know, Peter and I are graduating and theres this 'event'...uh, dance the school organizes." Her red cheeks making you chuckle. "So, I just wanted to invite you." Sitting back down.

"Do we have to go?" His hoarse groan against your ear made you laugh.

"I'd like to. But if you don't want to come, that's fine." You turned around, kissing his cheek.

"Oh, I'm definitely coming." Thrusting his hips up and making your eyes widen.

"James Buchanan Barnes." You whisper-hissed, slapping his chest.

"So?" Steve grinned. "Would you go to prom with me, Romanoff?" Kissing her temple.

"Ugh, you're so cheesy." Trying to hide her smile. "Yes, I'll go with you."

It's been 3 weeks since you broke up with Bucky. It has not been easy but you know it was the right decision to make. Especially after what happened at that fucking party.

As you know, things have changed but you're not going to fail your best friend so, you decided to still go. You don't know if Bucky will be there and sincerely, you're fighting not to care.

You look at yourself in the mirror, grinning at your natural but pretty make up. Your eye shade the same color as your dress. Your hair falling down your back in perfectly made waves.

Letting the robe drop from your body, you slip into your long dress. The light blue satin fabric soft against your bare skin. The color of the dress making your throat knot. Knowing the why you chose it back then and feeling your eyes water.

The long dress covering the whole length of your legs except from the open slit at your left thigh. Wearing some comfortable but pretty white flats and some golden jewelry.

You check the time, your eyes widening as you run to apply some perfume and finish curling your eyelashes before unplugging your phone and running downstairs.

Tony's busy with a super pregnant Pepper so he won't be going to prom but he arranged a car that would drive you to Wanda's and Peter's school.

You spot the black truck parked outside, knowing there wont be any driver nor a ready to go Peter. Knowing him to damn well to know he'll be early.

You get in the truck, hoping Wanda would be there to keep you company as you wait for the Bug-boy but she had to go early because she's part of the organization board of the event.

As you wait in the car, you hear some voices outside. Your eyes finding Steve and Bucky talking and laughing about something.

So, he's coming after all.

Bucky is wearing a black suit, with wavy hair visibly combed on top of his head. The sound of his laughter forcing your eyes to fall to his short stubble of a few days, making your legs involuntarily clench shut. Your pulse traveling to settle between your legs.

Steve says something that brings you back to reality, eyes snapping at him trying to answer his phone. You smile, knowing it's Natasha when his lips tug up into a grin. He runs inside the building, making you grin harder.

Your heart stopping when you notice Bucky's still standing there, eyes locked with yours. Your chest rising and falling at his sad and tired eyes.

A clumsy boy running towards the truck making you break eye contact with Bucky. Bursting out laughing at the sight of Peter's crooked tie and messy hair. A small box with a black corsage in his hands.