8) Eight of Spades [2] ✮

===Gabura Sachi===

"Right now?" Judumai yelled, throwing his face down and shielding his eyes.

"Just run ahead!" Niko shouted. "Don't wait for us!"

"Okay, okay, go!" I urged, nudging the woman forward. She got up and climbed over, and I could've sworn I saw something black falling out of one of the folds of the chair.

"You next, Gabura."

I got onto the chair and climbed over the column in one swift motion.

"Hurry, Niko!"

I turned around and shielded my eyes, seeing no one in the immediate distance.

"Wah!"

I turned back to Niko, to see that the chair had completely collapsed as he climbed, and he was holding onto the edge with a single hand. The thing that fell out was a screw.

"Shit! Hold on, I got you!" With closed eyes, I got back onto the chair and lifted myself onto the column. Feeling around, I felt for signs of a hand against the stone. I pressed against his fingers and clasped my hand around, pulling him up.

I heard the sound of him placing his other hand into the platform but he immediately hissed. "I got injured on my right shoulder, I can't climb up using it."

I continued to pull until I was at the very ledge, and yelped as I stumbled back, the edge of the chair striking my back.

Niko landed beside me, pulling me up by my hand. "Run!"

We bolted down the dirt pathway, my eyes opened just enough to make out the flashing blurs of the ground.

"I think these lamps are getting dimmer." Niko said, slowing down.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Hello?" I heard a voice, then crashed into something—or someone.

I fell to the ground alongside the figure, my eyes opening from alarm. "Gah!" I screamed, closing my eyes from both reflexive instinct and the growing brightness. I pulled myself up from the grass, seeing green stains on my light brown shirt the moment my eyes were opened.

"Don't worry, it was just me!" I opened my eyes and the woman was right in front of me, rubbing a spot on her head that was beginning to swell.

"Hide here!"

I followed the sound of the voice to Niko crouching in a gray stone facade built into the hill.

We scurried through the door, which led into an underground fairy-themed cafe. He pulled us right against the wall, placing a finger against his mouth and locking the door with his other hand.

I shut my eyes as loud thudding came from outside the door. Daring to open my eyes a slight peek, I saw the light spilling through the windows slowly fade away.

Finally taking a breath of relief. I got up and took in the room; the princess pink booths and green tiled floor had a layer of dust. The counters were stained with brown drops of coffee, and napkins were strewn everywhere. Round yellow lights of various heights hung, scattered across the ceiling, finally turned off.

"I think we're safe." I said.

Niko opened a few cupboards, each releasing a deafening creak and a cloud of gray dust. "Found another!" He exclaimed, jumping up, with a disk in his hands and a smile on his face.

"Great job!" The woman said.

"Well... We're here in the Forest Trail, and we have two Seeks. Why not use one?" I asked.