36.2) Side Story 2 - Two of Clubs [2] ✮

===Zakū Raisunei===

"What is it?" Benkei asked, as the falling brick hit the ground below us.

I read the brick, then narrated its text aloud.

Challenge | ★★★★☆
Pull another brick, but without touching it with your body.

"Oh, that's not... Too bad, I guess?" I reasoned. "Can I have a spare brick?"

"Here." Benkei said, taking one of the many bricks he had collected, and giving it to me. "And maybe I should give back the ones you two pulled. Never know when you might need them for something." He said.

"Thanks." Rafferty said as he received his, keeping it in his hand.

"Yeah, but what will we need this for?" Aulia asked. "We already said trying to interfere with the tower from the hallway is a risky move."

"It's j-just good to have in case w-we think of anything." Rafferty said.

I took the brick I pulled plus the brick Benkei gave me, and placed them on both ends of the left brick on the third row. Pushing the bricks into each other, I pulled towards myself with steady hands, the brick coming along. After the brick was out, I released my grip, and it clinked to the table.

There was no writing on the additional brick. I got back into the hallway as a faint thud sounded from below, giving the room a slight shift.

"Round two: Player Two's turn."

"W-Well, this is becoming muscle m-memory." Rafferty said, getting down and pulling a brick. "Of course, this one h-has w-writing!"

From this point forth, each person has only one minute to complete their turn. If a piece has a challenge, the player gets an additional minute to complete their challenge.

Also, from the next round onwards, Players Two and One will switch orders.

"Two rule changes." I said. "First brick of that kind."

"Yeah." Rafferty replied. "So on round three, you go first."

'That kind of screws me over. By the time I go up, the tower will have been altered by another round, which could make a huge difference.'

"So it seems each brick with writing either offers a rule change, or a challenge." Aulia presumed, as another loud thud shook the building.

'I think I've figured this game out...' I thought, as the others entered a discussion about the game. 'The rules clearly state that whoever is on the platform when the tower falls will get eliminated. So if I were to throw an object at the tower and knock it over during someone else's turn, it'll be Game Over for them, and not put me at any risk. They've considered this, but are doubtful whether it'll still punish the person who knocked over the brick. But why would it? It's an utter dark spot on the rules which means it has to be an exploit. But if I throw it while no one is on the platform, no one will die, which in turn might shift the punishment towards me.'

I sighed quietly, as Rafferty climbed back and Aulia took her turn. 'This game would've been so much easier if I knew none of these people, but I obviously can't jeopardize Rafferty and Benkei's life. And in turn, I probably shouldn't put Aulia at risk, since she's their ally. So then that leaves old man Hideo... I'm not affiliated with him, but do affiliate with Maindo, the faction he's a part of, that I'm not. Maybe he's the best choice to sacrifice...'

"Are you kidding me?" She shouted. In her hand was a brick from the middle of the sixteenth row with a challenge, and soon, another crash exploded from the ground below. Benkei stumbled to the floor, as Rafferty caught Hideo, who was knocked over.