45) Ten of Clubs [3] ✮

Time left: 1 hour and 35 min.
Players left: 67/82
Water level: Floor 1

===Chihaya Korinsu===

My heavy breathing was the only sound–in fact, the only sense I could perceive–within the dark hallway.

I stopped, clutching my chest, leaning against the wall with my other hand. Taking a deep breath, my hands patted blindly around on the wall, until my finger traced over the light switch. I turned it on.

It was the art gallery; the seventh floor was amongst the least populated prior to the game, and it also served as an exhibit for exotic artwork. The main commons of the floor displayed various rows of paintings, while an art and ceramic studio laid at opposite ends of the floor. Many scholars and artisans resided here in the past world.

But now, the paintings had all been dismantled: some laying on the ground, some with holes torn throughout, some burnt, and some ripped into nothing but strands. Shards of priceless jewelry were scattered on the floor in their own dust, and the once ornamental yellow wallpaper sent a cold sweat down my neck.

"Hello?" I asked. The faint buzz of fluorescent lighting was all that replied. But my gut told me someone was in here. On light feet, I walked to the counter, looking behind it.

And there was Erina, crouched in the deepest corner, knife in her hand and torn paintings all around her.

"Oh... Hello there, Chihaya." She whispered, her voice hoarse. Some of Ryota's blood was still on her clothing.

"Hey boss. " I murmured, sitting down beside her, under the darkness of the counter. "So, you thought about destroying these paintings?"

"These were all priceless works of art. After I escaped from my initial pursuers, this is where I first thought to look. I kept the lights off, because who knows what someone'll do to me if they see me? People are still angry. I don't blame them."

I sighed. "It was... A cruel choice that you made. Though part of me... Resents you for that, I understand and can sympathize with the fact that you were simply trying to survive. Although... I don't think we're going to be leaving anytime soon, given that the cards have been stolen."

"I just am also so confused. Why did Ryota have to do that? Why did he... What made him do that?"

"Your guess is as good as mine, boss. It's clear he had no free will of his own though. In his final moments of life, he finally broke free from the restraints that have bound him and did something of his own volition. He was a brave man."

"I wonder if he left us a clue for this game in his final message." Erina theorized, before closing and rubbing her eyes. "Do you know where the others are? Any ideas about the Treasure?"

"No clue, we've been looking for you for the past while. I've seen a lot of people theorizing that the cards are the Treasure, but I'm not sure."

Just then, the sound of tumbling feet came. I ducked deeper into the cabin, silencing myself.

"H-Hello?"

I shot up. "Rafferty!"

He turned around. In his group were Niko, Judumai, Gabura, and Aoyama.

"Finally!" He said, jogging up to me. Rafferty rested a hand on my shoulder, giving me a firm smile, before turning to Erina. "There's a l-lot w-we have to talk about."

"Where's Benkei?" I asked, pulling Erina out from under the counter.

"Finding Tori." Niko answered.

"Erina." Rafferty said, pulling her up and staring her down straight in the eye. "W-We don't w-want to hurt you, w-we just need t-to talk to you s-since you're the best chance w-we have at clearing this game."