64) The King of Spades

"And, of course, I had sabotaged it. Of course, he would pull out of the game. My plan worked. The King of Hearts was assassinated, so now my own game would be greenlit."

===Aoyama Tōka===

My current song was nearing its completion, and I had already pulled up the lyrics to the next song I had planned to sing.

"I never knew you at all, never knew you at all, never knew you at all, never knew you at all~ I never knew you at all~"

Just then, the King, who had put on a hard hat, and Kai, crashed through the windows of the store. I gasped, pausing my singing, but not my guitar. The King rolled over until he was over Kai, then turned to face me.

"You!" He screamed. "You'd be a better target, your music is half the noise!" He turned his gun to me, and I flinched, diving behind a trash can as he shot, then ducking into the alleyway to my left.

It was a dead end. A tall fence blocked my way. And without my music, the commotion was now, as he said, half-filled with silence. I cursed, charging up, then sprinting towards the fence, clambering upwards.

A shot plunged through the wooden plank next to me, and I yelped, losing my grip. I plummeted down, my tricep slicing open on a metal wire.

I screamed, as the King entered the alley, reloading his gun and aiming for me. "Decree 3:30, a fire will ravage–"

He was cut off by a female figure crashing into him on a bike.

It was Gabura.

He dropped the gun, and Gabura leaped off of the bike as it carried him into the wall. He grunted upon impact, as she dove for the gun, firing.

It was out of bullets.

"Shit!" She cursed, as the King recovered, running deeper into the alley, attempting to scale the walls to reach one of the balconies into the apartments. Kai and his men, which there were only three left of, followed. Behind us, the guitar started again, a string of ugly, senseless chords and random singing. The two friends had likely picked it up.

"Why did you come?" I asked, grabbing her shoulders before pulling her into a hug. "I thought–"

"I changed my mind a while after you guys had left. Hopped on a bike and began paddling as fast as I could towards the King of Spades blimp."

"Even with this many people, we're still outnumbered..." I panted. "We could still use so many more people on noise..."

"I think you're in luck." She said. "Most people realized the idea you guys had through the sheer loudness of your music and other noise. It's unlike any other group who's failed to take the King down. On my way here, I passed by numerous cars and people, wanting to join the cause."

Just then, two cars pulled to a sudden stop on the road, and six people poured out of them. They seemed to be a group of college student friends.

"Taking down the King of Spades through music?" One of them asked. "All the nearby wards can hear, and are coming here to contribute. It's a wonder no one has thought of this sooner."

"Any of you play guitar?" I asked.

The one who spoke raised his hands, pulling together two others. "Hell yeah! We were in a band."

I took the guitar, and practically shoved it in his face. "Drums and mic in the music shop, so are drums! Fireworks are to the right. If you can fight, join us! If not, make noise!"

Two of the students stepped forward, both of which were muscular and seemed to work out. One rushed to the guitar and microphone, while another entered the music store, heading for the drums. The rest of them went to the fireworks store where Rafferty and the other guy remained.