58) King of Clubs [3]

"The Borderlands. The land at the border between life and death. A final chance for those on the brink of death, who have rejected their previous life, fight on to earn their life back, and learn the true value of their life. But, there was something more. After that moment of clarity, a contract phased out of thin air."

Time left: 1 hour and 15 min.

Player: 12,000
===
Ashikaga: 3,300
Chihaya: 4,800
Judumai: 3,700
Aulia: 100
Benkei: 100

Citizen: 11,000
===
Hideo: 1,750
Karamu: 5,000
Rose: 1,417
Hanna: 1,417
N: 1,417

===Benkei Furetcha===

"We're in the lead now!" Aulia cheered, as we overtook the citizen team.

"Nice!" I said. "They got a +1,000 Item. Think they've found Judumai yet?"

"Hopefully." She replied. "Either way, we're finally steadying out. I think Judumai should be fine."

But at that moment, a figure stepped into the clearing. It was N.

"N?" Aulia asked, tightening her grip on the Base. We turned to each other, sharing a nod. I repositioned myself so that I was facing N directly.

"It's two against one, you can't possibly touch our Base." I announced.

"Make that two against three." Another voice said. Me and Aulia turned around—it came from Rose, and Karamu stood beside her.

"You can't stand a chance against us!" Aulia shouted. "You'll gain 10,000 points, when we'll gain 20,000 points from the two we Battle, and you'll lose 20,000, and the lives of two people. In the end, we'll lead by 30,000!"

Rose laughed. "I think you're underestimating us."

"Oh yeah?" I asked. "Try it."

Aulia swallowed, then her eyes widened. "Wait... They obviously know that this is a suicide mission that'll sink their own team. So why would they charge? They have a trick up their sleeve."

I gasped. "Wait..." I turned my head towards the tops of the containers in the distance, but they were empty. "What trick are you going to pull?"

N and Rose grinned, as Karamu rubbed his arms, his eyes on the ground. "Simple." N said, cracking her knuckles. "Something that'll guarantee the outcome of this game."

"We have to let the others know," Aulia said, dropping her voice, "maybe one of them is nearby! On three, we shout 'emergency!' One-two-three–"

We screamed at the top of our lungs. "EMERGENCY!"

N, Rose, and Karamu each stretched their feet back, preparing to charge. Then, they shot towards our goal. I extended my hands towards N, as Aulia faced Rose and Karamu. But N slowed down, allowing Rose and Karamu to power closer to the Base.

When they were just a few meters away from Aulia, Karamu charged ahead of Rose, then halted, bending over. I gasped, as Rose continued sprinting, even running on top of Karamu's back. He grunted, as she leaped off of his back, soaring through the air and at our Base.

Aulia jumped, flinging her arms up, but her reach was too short of Rose's massive vault. She made contact with the near-tip of the Base, just short of the plasma globe.

"Territory!"

Rose: 1,417 11,417

She slid down the pole, bringing her legs in then kicking her feet, aiming at our heads. I gasped, diving below, but Aulia was slower, and was knocked from the Base.