38) Alliance ✮

===Rafferty Bucke===
Forensic Scientist (On Probation) // Security Council
Specialty:

In the distance, the familiar glowing of lights painted the towering hotel. As we turned through the Beach gates, Chihaya greeted us, opening the doors with a pull of the lever.

"How was tonight's game?" He asked.

"Two of Clubs." Aulia said. "It was deadly, though! Goes to show you still can't really underestimate these games."

"Oh, for sure. Anyone hurt?"

I shook my head. "W-We're all fine, thanks."

"Go park and clean up, and get some dinner. You guys look tired."

"Okay, see you l-later." I said, turning the car into the parking garage. It was four floors, and though many of the functioning cars were simply left in the exterior parking lot, some of the extras were kept in the first and second floor of the garage. Although, the inside had many cars that were broken or still yet to be fixed.

We exited the garage, walking back into the pool. Benkei waved us farewell, before breaking off and heading to Tori, who laid on the pool atop an inflatable raft. He sat on the ledge of the pool, his feet dipping into the water, and struck a conversation with them.

Aulia broke off to go to the dining hall and help Niko with dinner preparations, whereas I went upstairs to change first. After I was promoted to a militant, I was offered a room upgrade to the top floor, but I rejected it in favor of rooming with Judumai, and the simple convenience of a lower floor. I changed into a T-shirt but kept my coat on, which had been tattered from its fall during the Two of Clubs, and opened the weapons safe, reaching past the handgun and equipping a knife into my belt.

Going back downstairs, I walked into the canteen, taking an obligatory moment to assess the room: In the corner, Charī sat, scribbling in his notebook. Elsewhere, Erina and Sasori talked over wine glasses, while Natsuki and another man swept the floors, with one of the chefs gathering dirty plates. Niko and Aulia laughed from behind the counter, the latter carrying a few dirty pots. After a few moments, Niko waved goodbye, taking off his apron and leaving the kitchen.

After my eyes finished traveling across the room, I grabbed my dinner; each meal was laid out, and each person grabbed a plate, with a guard to ensure no one took two. It was a strange meal—the entree was thinly sliced spam on top of crackers, topped with an olive and a strange sauce. For appetizers, the plate also contained a pile of canned corn and charred mushrooms. But in the Borderlands, this was the pinnacle of dining. Following the excavation of the hospital pantry, in addition to the food from the restaurant in the game Tori had triumphed, food at the Beach was at an all time high.

Back outside, I found Judumai sitting at a table with Niko, and sat down next to the two of them.

Judumai Waka - Maintenance Council
Pianist
Specialty:

Niko Cheney - Food Council
Chef • Foreign Exchange Student
Specialty:

"Hey, Raff!" Niko greeted me.

"What's up?" Judumai asked.

"Nothing m-much." I replied, turning to Niko. "You l-look tired. Did something happen today to e-exhaust you."

He let out an exasperated sigh. "You won't believe it. Gabura decided to host a girl's night for her, and her three friends. It was with Hashira, the Security Council member—remember her? And also Koyasu, the Mechanics Council leader. They had me personally cater food to the private theater."