57) King of Clubs [2]

"So I accepted. And then... Was when I met him. Nothing inside of me felt very transformative, yet I could tell he made something snap within me. He didn't have to tell me anything; he simply held out his hand. I put my hand on his, and at that moment, I understood."

Time left: 1 hour and 45 min.
Player: 10,000
Citizen: 10,000

===Chihaya Korinsu===

He belted out a shrieking laugh, and I covered my ears, flinching. 'What the hell is wrong with that man?'

After he settled down, he rustled his bug of gummies, his voice loud, to filter out the crinkling of the plastic. "Tell me, Chihaya. Why do you still cling onto so much grief for her death? She was an enemy to you, just like I am to you now, isn't that clear?"

"No, we were never enemies." I said, as Hideo continued digging through the bag, the crinkle filling the air. "We were never on opposite sides, just placed into the same unfortunate circumstance."

"You're too oblivious to overlook that she was actively trying to murder you. If she wasn't forced into giving the necklace up, then she would still be alive and you would be dead... You understand?"

"Actively trying to kill me? Really now?"

"Well, not you in specific. You aren't the main character."

"Well no shit. I never tried to be the main character and I never will be."

"You were nothing to Erina. Don't kid yourself with feeling grief, or assuming some leader role." He ate another gummy, then shook the bag. "You seem sad. Would you like a gummy?"

Without waiting for a response, Hideo walked forward, still digging through the bag, leaving his Base unattended, but still close enough so that I had no chance of charging in. When he had walked about a third of the way between us, he tossed the bag, and it landed at my feet.

"What the hell?" I asked, bending down and picking up the bag of candy. Something felt off.

I gasped, as the sound of a footstep came from behind me. I turned around, but was already bent over, and tumbled to the ground. It was Rose, N, and Hanna, each linked together, with N at the lead, leaping forward and snatching my ankle.

It all made sense now, why Hideo drew me in, kept rustling the bag, then made me pause right as I entered back into the labyrinth. It was to put me right where the three of them would have to walk the least to Battle me, and the noise ensured I wouldn't hear them approaching.

"Battle!" The bracelets rang.

Player - 3,300 VS 3,750 - Citizen
-500 +500
Player - 2,800 • 4,250 - Citizen

"There has been an exchange of points between teams."

Player - 9,500 • 10,500 - Citizen
-500 +500

"Chihaya had 3,300 points!" Rose shouted. Hideo laughed.

"What the hell is so funny?" I asked, as my bracelet's screen turned off, with a message prompting that it was deactivated.

"Look inside the bag." Hideo said, grinning. I did, and inside was a slip of paper. I unfolded it, and on the sheet were five numbers.

100 - 100 - 3,200 - 3,300 - 3,300

"You lot are too predictable." Hideo said. "Wrote this down the second I saw you coming in. Always the safe route. With this confirmation, I can head out now. One of you watch the Base." Hideo stretched his legs, cracking his neck, before sprinting off.