46) Ten of Clubs [6]

Time left: 10 min.
Players left: 37/72
Water level: Floor 9

===Niko Chenay===

"Erina, what are you doing?" Natsuki asked. "Stop."

"Ryota, Natsuki, Senri... I'm sorry." She murmured.

Chihaya's face was of complete defeat, even though we were on the edge of victory.

"Natsuki Hiroko..." Gabura finally said. "A dealer?"

"No, I'm not! It's just, this game is very difficult. Please relax, we're so nervous right now!" She said.

My mouth was open, and my head spun. Natsuki—the friendly volleyball player. The hard-working Maintenance Council leader who ensured the Beach was always pristine. The woman who always looked to make sure everyone was okay.

She was a dealer.

Whatever that meant.

Erina breathed in, then let out a soft sigh, accepting her fate. She handed the hammer to Chihaya.

"Take it." She said, smiling. A single teardrop rolled down her cheek. "You are all correct... I guess they shouldn't have underestimated your intelligence and teamwork. Me, Natsuki, Senri, Ryota, and the Maindo getaway driver... We all knew. But I want to end my story on my own volition, just as Ryota did."

"Erina..." He whispered.

She cupped his face, before pulling him into a hug. She glanced in the direction of our group, her eyes casting a dark look of fear. "There is someone... Nevermind. Don't think of me or Ryota as monsters. Please."

Silence followed.

And, as the two of them pulled away, Natsuki charged between them, snatching the necklace off the table.

"Hey!" Gabura yelled, whipping her gun around. She shot, but blankness followed; she was out of ammo. Natsuki was out the door, crashing into Aoyama as she herded another group of people to the roof. She bore no weapon.

"After her!" Gabura ordered.

"What the hell—" Aoyama blurted.

"She has Erina's necklace, which is the Treasure!" I shouted.

"Everyone else is already on the roof, this is my last group!" Aoyama said, as everyone else left  the office. "But I've yet to see Sen—"

At that moment, the tall man turned the corner, walking into our hallway. His coat was tattered and stained with blood, his eyes were bloodshot, and his fists were bruised. He raised his rifle.

"Wait!" Erina shouted, breaking away from Chihaya and getting in front of everyone. Senri's eyes widened, and he lowered his rifle.

"Please." Erina said. "Senri... we know that these people deserve to live."

He turned away, not meeting her eyes. "I'm sorry... But if I were to stop now, all the lives I took would be for nothing." He looked to Gabura, his eyes conveying as if he seemed to know her gun was empty. "I'm not as brave as you, Erina. I can't just give away my life. I'm sorry." He raised his gun again, and Gabura pushed the door open again.

We screamed, a dozen bodies attempting to fit through the set of double doors. We crashed into the room, as me and Gabura pushed the doors back close, locking them. Aoyama didn't even have a chance to push a sofa to block off the door before a storm of bullets pelted the door, splintering the wood.

"Damn! He knows that as long as we're after the necklace, they have no chance!" Benkei said.

"Help me push this sofa, maybe it'll buy us more time!" Aoyama ordered.