30) Maindo ✮

===Zakū Raisunei===
High School Student
Specialty:

I stared at the college campus through binoculars—Miyamoto University. Soft light fell through the windows. Here are the facts: The environment drastically contrasted that of the Beach's. The Beach is loud, vibrant, and energetic. This was quiet, subtle, and elusive. They must have many members. They must not accept everyone who finds them.

Countless cars were outside in the parking lot, each functional. I leaned in a bit closer, focusing on some faint silhouettes through the window. I attempted to keep Kazetani in view, but he walked into the building, out of my sight, and since then, I've surveyed the entirety of the exterior, trying to note anything of worth.

Through the windows, I could make out Nobira talking to another woman. She flipped through a magazine, enjoying a cup of coffee, while he laughed heartily at something she said. A young teen approached him, and Nobira bent down, nodding to him, before giving him a piece of candy from his pockets.

"Spying on us?" A voice said behind me.

I whipped my head around; Kazetani stood, a slight grin on his face. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. For once, I was at a loss for words.

Kazetani Tomoyuki - #1
Actuary
Specialty:

He raised his eyebrows. "No snarky retort?"

I remained silent, my face hot, getting up and facing him. At last, I spoke. "I was scouting this area. How did you know?"

"You aren't the only scout; we have them as well. You seem to have some interest in my group; we call ourselves Maindo. Why don't you follow me, and I'll take you inside?"

"To be frank, I still don't fully trust you yet." I said, maintaining my eye contact.

He shrugged. "If you were so concerned for your well being, why would you sneak to our headquarters? Clearly, you have some interest."

"Not in joining of course, I don't want to be tethered by a loyalty to a faction. I just need to know and be aware of current affairs."

"Fair. So—will you be joining me in this showcase or not?"

I cast a final look at the campus, and nodded. "Okay. Lead the way."

He smiled. "Great." He walked down from the hill I had been perching, crossing the street and entering through the gates of the school.

"The wristbands." I said. "The numbers. I assume it's some sort of hierarchy?"

"Yes."

"So, you're the leader. And people jump up in positions from making card contributions, I assume?"

"Precisely." He said, opening the front doors. I stepped inside, blinking out the soft yellow lighting. A handful of people congregated around the lobby, soft chatter filling the air. Tableware clinked, as people sat around cushioned seats, using ceramic cups and plates.

"It's so... Sophisticated." I muttered, taking a seat on a green sofa. Kazetani pulled up a blue cushioned stool beside me. "Especially compared to The Beach, and especially in this post-apocalyptic hellscape."

"Maintaining a lifestyle that is as similar to our past lives as possible is good for up keeping our well-being." Kazetani replied.

Nobira and the woman walked to our couch, each of them taking a seat. She had long hair which had been dyed black and white.

Nobira Shimei - #2
Active Soldier
Specialty:

"Hello Shirai." Kazetani nodded towards the woman. "Nobira, anything of note?"