56) King of Clubs [1]

For readability purposes, all numbers in this game will be expressed in standard form.

"I wanted to return. I really did. But how could I stand idle and let another potential tyrant into the role of the citizen? I felt pretty certain I could step up as the next King of Hearts. And so... That was my desire. Step into the King of Hearts' role, and create the ultimate game which would've bestowed mercy to the players. Or, at the very least, impartiality."

===Benkei Furetcha===
Waiter
Specialty:

I didn't hesitate, my feet propelled me forward, throwing my arms around Chihaya and pulling him into a tight hug. He returned the hug, as the others hugged Ashikaga, laughter ringing throughout the room.

Chihaya Korinsu
Freelance DJ
Specialty:

Ashikaga Kayami
Ōendan Member
Specialty:

"I'm so happy you guys are okay!" Ashikaga said.

"Same here." Aulia said, pulling away from her and towards Chihaya. He wore a brown coat and long black pants with sneakers, while Ashikaga wore a hoodie, with a blue plaid scarf, jeans, and black boots.

"You guys are certainly... Much better dressed than us." Judumai chuckled.

Judumai Waka
Pianist
Specialty:

"How did you guys get here?" Chihaya asked.

"We drove." Aulia answered. "How about you guys?"

Aulia Choi
Restaurateur
Specialty:

"We were heading north towards the woods to escape the King of Spades." Ashikaga said. "But halfway there, we got caught in the blizzard. We would've frozen to death outside if we didn't come into this venue, so we did. Figured at least this game gives us a chance of survival, whereas staying outside would've guaranteed our deaths."

"We used the same logic." Judumai said. "We're staying as a group with a ragtag band of survivors, but we're critically lacking clothing, medicine, and first aid, which we thought this mall would provide."

"Do you guys know anything about Tori?" I asked.

Chihaya shook his head. "I haven't; I'm so sorry."

"What about anyone else? Did Zakū and Charī both clear the Jack of Hearts?" Aulia asked.

"Only... Zakū cleared it." Chihaya murmured.

"Oh..." Judumai said. "That's... Damn. Even though we weren't the closest..."

"Everything we did together... Everything about Ascension to Hell..." Benkei sighed. "He was so young, too."

Aulia remained silent, then spoke up. "Well, this can be our way of avenging him, and all our fallen comrades. For them, let us carry onwards."

Chihaya's eyes widened. "Wait. Niko went with you guys too. Did–"

"He survived." I finished. "He went off to challenge the Queen of Spades, since he promised Gabura and Aoyama he'd assist them. The blimp fell, so we can assume that they cleared it."

"Let's..." Judumai hesitated, still thinking. "Let's get back to the matter at hand. The game. We need to put on these bracelets."

I grabbed one, slipping it through my wrists. "It doesn't feel like anything strange."