11| Rainbow after the Rain

[M/N] watched as rain falls from his space at the Shrine on Watasumi Island, it wasn't because he was upset or such, but because it was just the weather. All the natives from the Island had gone with Kokomi and General Gorou to whatever island that Inazuma had to offer, and he was just resting there to soak up the sun. Then the rain came down, and he just enjoyed the soft grazes of the water hitting his cheeks and face, sighing softly to himself as thunder boomed a bit away from his spot. Nothing irregular really, just the softness of the breeze. 

"Milkshake, you're going to drown." [M/N] said, watching the white dog swimming happily, despite having his head up, and struggling a bit with the doggy paddle. He looked happy at least, especially when he tries to catch one of the bubbles in his mouth. 

"It's not that deep, it's fine," Itto said as he moved to sit down, there were creaks of the wood as he sits down. His arms crossed as he stared out at the water then to the dog, "It's been a while since the rain came down 'ere, it's been weeks before you left."

"I like the rain, when I was out running away and keeping myself away, I had stored rain with the Hilichurls." [M/N] said, as he watched Milkshake gets out of the water, shaking a bit to get the water off him. He jumps back onto the ramp and straight into the shrine home, water paw prints with him. "I then boiled it down so use as drinking water or to cook food."

"...You're so smart, I knew the Creator was all-knowing especially with outdoor things." Itto grins as he leans back, using his side to lay on and elbow to prop up his head. He watched the bubbles come up from the water, and hummed, "I don't usually approve of things like kickin' people out from their homes, but this is well deserved."

" I don't want to be mean," [M/N] admitted, as he sighs a bit as Milkshake finally came out again to only rub his wet body against [M/N]'s back before laying down to sleep. He rolled his eyes at the smell of dog, "But if I don't teach them...how could they ever grow? How could they allow themselves to treat people with some sort of details from my face or name and abuse them? What if one day there's someone born to look like me or has some sort of trait-like me? Do I allow them to punish them as they did me? Or do I just warn them?"

"I don't know, Politics and religion isn't my thing if I had to be honest," Itto said, as he looked to their Creator. "You were in trouble, I hate know-at-all Kujou Sara's lapdogs and you looked pretty nice. So I and the guys decided to help as we would do for anyone that was in your position."

"..and it was the kindest thing that anyone had done for me, and I'll be forever grateful for that."

"Hehe, don't be sayin' stuff like that, I'm just glad that you helped me be the best Oni that ever lived, you helped me become stronger, to challenge Kujou Sara, to protect my gang, and to protect Granny Oni. I owe it all to ya," Itto said, as he noticed the smile which made his skin flush a bit. It was such a nice smile, and it made his heart feel funny like he was getting warm or was slowly catching fire.

It was nice.

"I know, you were my favorite Claymore user, and not to mention Ushi was so cute."

"Moo." Her name being called, she walked over and sat beside them, her head moving on [M/N]'s lap for a head pat. [M/N] slowly pets her head, humming as the rain stops finally and a little rainbow pops up in the sky.

"And that's why I'm your first Consort before Benard."

"Bennett," [M/N] corrected as he looked to Itto, he seemed so relaxed, so genuinely calm without the idea of stealing kid's money or having to only eat Purple melons. He moved his hand through Itto's hair carefully, and to his surprise with Itto's, he purred. [M/N] removed his hand and sighs, "Sorr-"

"Do it again."

"Oh, okay.." [M/N] kept gently moving his fingers through Itto's hair, listening to the purrs of content from the Oni. He smiles a bit, as he listened, it sounded nice coming from Itto's chest. He was like a puppy, but his purrs sounded about the feline.

"Mhm, feels nice, so warm." He whispers before slowly nuzzling his way into the other side of [M/N]'s lap. He looked so tired, so sleepy.

"Your tea my Grace," Thoma whispers as he saw Itto along with the animals asleep. He slowly kneels down and places down the tray, some Dango milk, and Dango sticks to go along with it. "They are almost here my Grace, Aether ran into some trouble as he travels from Mondstadt to here."

"Good, let me know when he's here." [M/N] said, as he watched the rainbow slowly disappear from sight.

--- 

Happy Valentines Day!

I hope you all are enjoying the story, and enjoying some [m/n] being an asshole/boss. There will be some moments where he's relaxed, calm, and actually letting his guard down. Anyway, comment, like, and have a safe day!