15| Stars break

"Stand."

Kaeya and Albedo do, they watched [M/N], their beloved Creator watched them with slit-like eyes. They couldn't look away from him, and their knees felt like jelly as he came closer. They were here to pay the piper and earn their punishments while hopefully begging for their lives.

Kaeya remembered his father's stories before and after their home was destroyed and how the Creator had their strange ways of working. How they were the first creation before the nations even, how the creator loved them more than life itself. Kaeya had thought the Creator was the greatest God that even looked at them, how they loved him. But as years passed, and being accepted into the House of Ragnvinder and then kicked out by Diluc with work crashed with his beliefs. He had different thoughts, about how the Creator hated him especially for his blood. his eyes were the biggest reminder of his Creator's hatred of him. 

The stars that were plucked from the night sky blessed Kaeya with them. The same eyes that his mother had and that his father adored.

Albedo was a different story from the Creator. Rhinedottir, his Creator, his Mother, had thought of the Creator as a fool for letting human beings have free will. Why create everything and let them run loose? How foolish could such a Creator be for allowing people to do what they want without appearing grateful? Allowing her to play as the Creator and make Albedo. Make something so sinful. Albedo on the other hand had thoughts and theories about what the Creator was, who they were, and where were they. The Creator had made the anomalies of Teyvat, everything from the slimes to the Archons. Albedo wanted to uncover the world and be blessed by the knowledge and creativity of the Creator.

Unfortunately, their own willingness to hunt the imposter clouded their judgment.

Kaeya chased him, taunting him, and nearly sliced his stomach open.

Albedo captured and nearly opened [M/N]'s chest. He barely escaped with his arm opened up, blood being taken.

"Aether, give me the letter opener." [M/N] said as Aether hands it over, it glints a bit in the light. It was silver and blue at the bottom of the opener. [M/N] looked at them, and stared at them with a glare, "Bend down, on your knees." They do it.

[M/N] walked closer and stared down at them, they don't tremble as much as the others who faced his anger and hatred. [M/N] gripped the opener and bit his lower lip, he felt his heart beating against his chest harshly and his fingers felt like they were trembling a bit. 

You can and will do this

They betrayed you the worst, Kaeya and Albedo are the children of Khaenri'ah whom should have loved you the second you landed.

The voice in his head hissed and [M/N]'s hands felt over Kaeya's face along with the slight welt around his chin. Where Shenhe had knocked him out and moved over to the string of the eyepatch. The eyepatch falls and Kaeya shiver under his [S/C] hand, rough against his skin. There instead of the same periwinkle eye, it was a golden one that shines. It reminded the amber eyes that Zhongli had, the Geo visions that [M/N] remembered. 

Without you, they are nothing! THEY ARE NOTHING!

[M/N] stared down at him, his hand gripped the letter opener, his nerves caused his hands to shake a bit but pressed harder onto Kaeya's chin. "I always wanted to know what your eye looked like, I was hoping an open socketed or an eye that was milk-white from a fight." He told him as Kaeya watched. He could feel his own heartbeat, it made him shiver. 

"Do what you must," Kaeya whispered, fingers curling into a fist.

"I will.." [M/N] lifted his hand up with the letter opener and readied himself. Aether watched, waiting for the blood that would cover the floor.

GET HIS FUCKING EYE
GET HIS FUCKING EYE
GET HIS FUCKING EYE

The voice in [M/N]'s head screams, it echos causing his ears to ring and he rubbed his fingers against it. He keeps hearing and it was the same one that he heard when talking to the others, it annoyed him to no end.

"Sir?" Aether said, looking at him worriedly, "Are you okay?"

"Shut up...Shut up." He growls a bit before gripping the letter opener harder before bringing it down.

Kaeya flinched as the opener went down beside him and cuts his cheek. He glanced down before breathing out, landing on his ass with a deep breath before breathing out. [M/N] gripped his head a bit before shaking it off, looking to Kaeya and then to Albedo. He licked his lips before throwing his hand back to Aether.

"Sir?"

"Let them go, I don't want to see them right now..not with my head pounding like this."

You'll regret this...you will

The voice hissed, another booming sentence before everything went back to normal. [M/N] leaves out the room as Aether yanked Kaeya and Albedo up from the floor. "Aether...why..."

"Because he's mine, my chosen Creator who picked me," Aether answered as he stared down at them. He could hear Milkshake barking a few rooms away, "Leave, he's done with you, and if anything..." Aether glared at Kaeya, "He should've taken your eye.."

"..But he didn't...and I will be grateful for that," Kaeya said as he picked up his eyepatch and fixed it onto his face.

"He's...hearing something." Albedo said as Aether grits his teeth before summoning his sword. "Traveler...please.."

"No, leave until you're summoned back here." Aether hissed, "Or face me and Shenhe once more."