12| Am I the problem? Probably

[M/N] watched Aether adjust the teapot settings, watching him move things around and into a makeshift arena in the teapot

[M/N] watched Aether adjust the teapot settings, watching him move things around and into a makeshift arena in the teapot. He was doing a wonderful job, especially using Mondstadt rocks into the walls and a little sitting area for him to watch. Aether takes a deep breath and wiped his forehead from sweat as he hears the incoming people, he moved and helped [M/N] up into his seat with Milkshake who barks and nibbled on the chair leg without a thought in his mind. Paimon nibbled on her finger a bit, chewing a bit at her nail nervously as their Creator told them about what was going to happen. 

"Paimon...is worried." 

"For what? Aether is here and so am I." [M/N] assured with a smile, as he noticed the middle of the arena where particles were forming into three bodies. 

"Besides, it's what they deserved, and so much more." [M/N] said as the bodies finished and Aether step on the wall, in front of [M/N].

"Aether, where is he?" Ei started, she had her polearm out like Zhongli as her eyes narrowed up at Aether. "are you holding him captive?"

"Baal, enough, look around you..we are in some sort of arena.." Venti spoke, seeing the walls were closed together, and noticed the little box that was behind Aether. "...we're not here to give him our apologies are we?" 

"No, you're not here to apologize, in fact, you're going to give me a good show." [M/N] speaks up and moved to show himself as the other gasp at him, "and whoever wins, will at least have some sort of favor with me." It didn't feel like [M/N] was talking, it felt like the words were coming out of his mouth. 

"Your Grace...what..are we exactly doing for your favor?" Zhongli asked, as [M/N] grins down at him as a chill went down his spine.

"You're going to fight, either to the death or until I get bored." [M/N] answers as he waved at them with a shrug, " See what happens, and I expect you all not to hold back."

"I...I..." Venti looked to them before ducking down as Baal slashed at him, he moved back and landed on his feet with ease. Zhongli moved back and summoned his own weapon, gripping it tightly as Baal glared at them. Her dull eyes buzzing to life like her element, her terrifying electro along with her third eye-ring behind her. "Baal!"

"Our Creator was killed on Inazuma, my people had made him into a sacrificial lamb, and I am fully prepared to fix this, besides...why should I side with the people who let my sister pass?" She asked as Venti summoned his bow and pulled the string as the arrow came up. "Morax, Barbatos, prepare yourself." 

"As do you, Liyue had caused damage to our Creator, more so than Mondstadt and Inazuma, we hunted him with everything and everyone we had." Zhongli said as Venti takes a deep breath and began launching his first attack, floating back as Baal tried to strike him and she countered Zhongli's attack quickly.

Aether watched, arms crossed as Paimon did too, still, stress nibbling on her finger as [M/N] watched. He was amazed at their skills, of course, they all looked so cool fighting against each other even if Venti keeps dodging and weaving most of the time. Their clothes get torn a bit with each counter-attack or basic attack at each other, and Zhongli's lip was busted open when Ei smacked him with the end of her own polearm. 

Though with the awe and sick curiosity if they bleed blood as he did, [M/N] didn't feel happy, he felt worst. Like pain, watching them fight against each other, in a way that made his heart hurt.

Stop, they hurt you too much, you're going to give them hope for forgiveness, they killed you. 

I know..but I don't want them to die, it's sick and twisted...but that's not what I wanted.

Yes it is, now watch, Ei is about to bring the endgame.

"Inazuma shines eternal!" Ei summons her sword, it caused the sky to crack and thunder boom as Zhongli crosses his arms and began to summon his attack as the clouds turn dark. 

"Enough!" 

Everything stops, Ei held her sword as Zhongli stops his movements as Venti collapses to the ground. Out of them, he was far too tired to continue the fight and felt like passing out, watching [M/N] who stopped the fight. He looked almost panicked as his mind raced for the answer to why he stopped the fight between them. 

"Master?" Aether questioned, as [M/n] fixed his clothes a bit as Aether watched worried, "Was it not to your liking, shall we try again?"

"No, I mean...I.." What do I want? I want them to feel the consequences of their actions but...I wouldn't want to pity each other against them..they..are the last of the seven..the original Venti and Zhongli...Ei was in mourning..I..

"Send them back, I'm tired." [M/N] said as Aether nods as he looked to the Archons, and waved his hand up. 

"Wait, Aether!" Zhongli began but they disappeared from sight as Aether huffed, turning to see [M/N] was gone and sighs.

"It was actually entertaining.." Aether muttered as he noticed snowball was itching his ear and he moved to collect him for another bath. "...It was nice to see them beat each other up."

++++

"It was wrong...this is all wrong.." [M/N] whispered as he kicked any shells he found along the beach of his teapot into the water and crossed his arms over his chest, "I want them to suffer but them killing each other? They don't deserve the sweet release of death."

Stop lying to yourself, you want them to hurt as much as they had hurt you. You're not innocent.

I'm not claiming that I am!

Then bring them back and have them finish the job!

SHUT UPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

[M/N] tugged at his [H/C] and sits down on the sand, watching the soothing waves hit the shore, taking deep breaths as he tries to calm his inner voice nagging him about this. He felt very conflicted about this and didn't know what to think, they were just as bad as everyone else but they were still people.

Lousy people but people.

"Your Majesty?" [M/N] flinched at the new voice and looked to see someone was close. 

"Bennett?"

"I...saw what happened, do you want to talk about it?" Bennett asked as he moved, sitting beside [M/N] who shrugs a bit. "...you seem confused."

"I am, I...hate them for hurting me, putting me through that but..some part of me, the kind part, the naive part wanted them to live because..I got to know them." [M/N] said as he looked at the water as Bennett rubbed his back, it felt nice. "...It's stupid."

"I don't know much about emotions like that, but..I know that the Creator helped shaped us..bringing Teyvat alive and making us stronger.. would know about this problem..in stories..you were the kindest God...you always saw the good and never let evil...hurt you. I think..you should forgive." Bennett said as [M/N] shook his head, "or at least let them prove themselves worthy, if not, then you handle it in the way you would understand."

"....when did you get so wise?" The man chuckled as he rubbed his nape nervously with a smile.

"When you came into our lives as yourself, but the choice is yours...forgive and let it go...or let us prove to you that we can be better."