14| Little Stars

art/not/mine

Kaeya had reports about someone moving along the borders of Liyue and Mondstadt, Barbara was so overwhelmed with everything since she was elected by the Creator himself to be the new acting Grandmaster so he headed down there himself

Kaeya had reports about someone moving along the borders of Liyue and Mondstadt, Barbara was so overwhelmed with everything since she was elected by the Creator himself to be the new acting Grandmaster so he headed down there himself. Kaeya moved around the paths that board Liyue, nothing but the little Hydro slimes at the moment. They were even sleeping too, so nothing really out of the ordinary. 

Kaeya watched the borders for a second before turning on his heel, his mind busy from the running thoughts of the next events. His creator was alive and well, deep in the Traveler's teapot along with giving new orders to their home. He had almost murdered the Creator while they were on the run and he should've killed himself for it. Though, he wanted to beg for forgiveness, for the right to breathe next to them. Just trying to enter the teapot was hard enough, as Aether had denied access to it for a while.  He understood, but still not needed.

Kaeya kept walking back to Mondstadt before hearing the ruffling of leaves behind him, he felt his skin tingle a bit before grasping the hilt of his sword and pulling it out. "Come out, usually I'm in a mood for a fight but not right now."

There was silence and Kaeya clicked his tongue a bit before moving back with a leap as a Polearm was stabbed into the ground. He feels a familiar chill of a Cryo vision and looked to see a woman with snow-white hair and dull grey eyes. Her outfit reminds him of a Liyuen style aesthetic, especially with the red ribbons that hung on her. She yanked her weapon up and twirls it around before holding the point towards him. 

"Why are you here?" Kaeya kept his voice low and calm, despite the slight crack at the end. He knew why she was but he wasn't going to die from the fight. 

"You know why I'm here, but my Grace likes for me to play with his subject." She said.

"So..you're from the Creator? How fortunate he took you in." kaeya remarks as his vision glows and his grip on the sword tightens.

"I never thought of him as some imposter, if anything, I was happy to be called his Knight. Something you will never know of." She said as Kaeya rushed forwards, his sword glinting in the sun as their blades crossed. Shenhe was easily blocking his attack, and Kaeya grits his teeth. She tilts her head a bit at the reaction she received, she merely smiles at him, "I could always be our Creator's Knight, I have no reason else to live but to serve him and kill the ones who hurt him."

"Enough, you don't understand the pain I went through! For this, everything! I had no one but him-" Kaeya screams a bit in her face as Shenhe hummed, "You don't understand anything!"

"I understand even if he was the last person you saw hope in, you still betrayed him." Kaeya moved back and goes for a kick but she blocked it, and she used the end of her polearm to whack him against his cheek. His face turns to the side as some blood floods down his cheek from the mark. Kaeya looked at her as Shenhe moved around, using her polearm, and twirls it before yanking the sword. It flies behind her and stabs the ground with a loud clunk sound, and she held her weapon under his chin. 

"Kill me, I rather not see my beloved Creator." Kaeya mummers as he looked to the woman who stared down into his being. It scared him but kept his calm aura, she pressed further causing blood to fall on his chest. 

"I rather not."

Shenhe twirls her weapon behind her and went back, as she clenched her hand and brings his fist down at the edge of his face. Kaeya was out within seconds, falling to the ground as she walked forwards. Kaeya's slightly opened eye stared at nothing as she hummed, "I wonder why he wants you."

+++

Kaeya woke up and he had a dull pain on his face, rubbing it only to feel it bandaged. He sits up with a soft groan and blinked his eye a bit before moving off the bed, legs connecting to the hardwood floor. He noticed his boots were gone and his weapon when he tried to summon it, not to mention his artifacts and his fur coat. He felt naked but noticed his vision was on the pillow he was once laying on.

"You've been out for a couple of hours, Shenhe must've hit you harder than expected." Albedo said, still pressing an ice pack against his eye. She barely fought him and kicked him in the face for attacking him back. To be fair, she caught him in surprise.  "How are you feeling?" Albedo asked, looking to Kaeya with his good eye.

"...that I deserved more than a punch," Kaeya admitted as he chuckled but it was painful to even open his jaw really or talk. 

"Yeah...I can assure you of it...we deserved much more." Albedo said as he watched the door, they might be killed the second Shenhe comes back or worst. "...The Creator has his own little soldiers...it's quite impressive..but also very scary."

"We did deserve it, you almost sliced him open if the Mitachurl and Rosaria didn't interfere." Kaeya rubbed his chin and looked at the blonde.

"And you broken his ankle with your ice, sliced his bone a bit." Albedo retorts as the door slide open. He looks and bows his head, getting onto his knees in respect as Kaeya did the same. [M/N] looks to them as Aether watched from behind him, arms crossed over his chest as they entered.

"I'm glad Shenhe beat the both of you up."