18| Let him have noodles

[M/N] remembered when he first came to Liyue as Aether. It was so much different from Mondstadt; their customs and outfits differed from the Mondstadt ones. Instead of shorts, loose shirts, and corsets, there were outfits made from lovely silk and designs on their clothes. There were a few Tang Suits that were usually worn by the elderly men around the Harbo and Qipao dresses worn by many lovely NPCs around him. There were different shades of the fabrics and dresses, while their own version of the knights was the Millelith with their polearms at their sides. Entering and activating the first statue was a thrill as well, it made him feel so warm about it. Everything made him happy especially as he began traveling around the area and learning new mobs, new chests, and new people.

The second time he enter was when he was declared the imposter, someone who wasn't their creator at the time. Now he was being gawked at as he walked around shops that supplied clothes to change into. The pure white ones Aether gave him were clinging onto him a bit and smelled like seawater.

"I-I have plenty-y more fabrics in the b-back if theses a-aren't in your f-favor, Creator." The meek woman said as she shakes in her spot as [M/n] looked over the fabrics that hung on the walls and the pre-made clothes that were on the mannequins. 

"I want those." [M/N] said as he pointed at the ones that were extremely expensive from the sign that hung on it. The owner quickly pulled them off and handed them over to him folded, and [M/N] merely smiles as she takes them to change in the back. He slides off the wrinkled white clothes he wore and switched them up for dark pants that cuffed a bit at the end and a white tank over his chest before pulling a shirt that buttoned up all the way to his neck. It was black and blue then picking up the shoes he saw beside the mannequin. Black flats and they were very comfortable then his hair needed a trim.

Maybe he should ask Childe.

He opened the curtain but didn't see the owner or Childe, he looked around and slowly leaves. Unaware of the woman who was dying from blood lost behind the counter and left the store.

"There you are, I thought you were still changing!" Childe grins as he walked to his Creator and held out a grilled fish stick, steam coming off the cooked dish. [M/N]'s stomach groans and he looked at it with a smile. He takes a bite and enjoys the taste of the fish, and the spices hit him along with the smokey taste of the grill that took its own time of cooking the fish. Childe moved his arm around [M/N]'s waist and guides him around Liyue Harbor as people left out of sight. Most of them hide from the glare that the Harbinger shot at them.

They soon stop near the Liyue affairs building and then noticed something replacing something, the pond he thinks. It was a large statue of him, marveled up in his beauty and many papers that were in the tiny cracks in the ground, [M/N] stared at them. The statue was huge and he looked like venti almost, angelic but hiding all the scars that painted his body now with the cloak on the statue. [M/N] finished the stick, dropped the wooden spooler, and moved towards the statue. Childe watched and bit the inside of his cheek, he didn't want him to interact with this piece of junk and their pitiful pleads of forgiveness. 

[M/N] bends down a bit and takes one that was close then opens it up. In Liyue writing he could read it, must be a benefit of being a Creator. 

I'm sorry I yelled that you should have been hung, throwing rocks at you with the mob.
- Liyuen citizen

I'm sorry I threw fruit at you as my mommy did.
-Liyue Child

I'm sorry for chasing after you onto Captain Beidou's ship the second time you arrived here.
- A pitiful guard

"They are all saying sorry, some are begging for forgiveness." [M/N] whispered as he opened more and reads off the messages and pleads for his forgiveness. Even children were writing about him, begging him to forgive him, to forgive their leader.

They should, they all should be lucky that I'm letting them live in MY world that I created on a whim.

What do you mean by your world? I thought it was ours.

Don't be stupid, everything is MINE

"My Lordness?" Childe interrupts their inner conversation, [M/N] looked and felt the ginger's arm around his waist again and slowly dragged him away as people crowd slowly. [M/N] noticed their state and his heart drops a bit seeing the state of their being. They didn't look like the NPCs when he began the game, in fact, they looked scared and unfed. Their clothes lost the sophisticated aesthetic that Liyue had, their color along with the dark bags under their eyes. He had fired Ganyu and Keqing, forcing Ninggaung to retire early because he was pissed at them. They let them, the citizens hurt him because they commanded it.

"O-Our creator! We are so grateful that you're here! We can start by begging and asking for forgiveness-" An elderly woman began and goes down to her knees in front of [M/N]. [M/N] watched her grovel and he hear twists, seeing her going down. She was old, wrinkled, and probably tired. She probably was here before Ninggaung was Tianquan.

"Yes! Please our God! Help us, we're all facing debts that the commission had control over, being swindled by others in our home but also Treasure Hoarders and the Fatui." A young man begs, getting down and pawing at [M/N]'s pants. [M/N]'s hands shake a bit as he listened as Childe was staring down at the people. It wasn't [M/N]'s fault or the Fatui as they flourished. 

"Please! W-were eating nothing but flour and sweet flours! People are starving and hurting! Please." A woman begs, holding her child's hand. [M/N] saw the state of the small family, and takes deep breaths before their prayers.

He could hear each one, each one asking for food, love, and protection. 

He could hear them begging, the voices that cry for his protection and forgiveness. It made [M/N]'s head burn like it wanted to explode into many pieces. There were thoughts that counter this, that they deserved it.

SHUT UP
SHUT UP
SHUT Up
SHUT UP

"SHUT UP!"