25| Eyes Everywhere

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to puke on your feet

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to puke on your feet." [M/N] said they were washing Cyno feet in a small pond for the fifty-something time. [M/n] used the Nun's dress, the bottom edge of it to wash Cyno's feet. "I swear, I didn't mean to."

"It's fine, besides it wasn't like you were bestowing me your royal yellow nector." Cyno said, joking a bit as Tighnari groaned a bit, slapping his hand over his forehead. "Cyno, don't start with your corny jokes."

"Hmp." [M/N] covered his mouth, smiling a bit at the little joke. "No, I would never pee on you."

"Good, I wouldn't be happy if it happened," Cyno said as he watched the Creator clean his feet. Something that shouldn't be happening but here it was. He watched how the Creator was careful with him, he remembered as a child once that everyone should be even lucky to have the Creator look at them. Cyno had always pushed the Creator agenda as General Mahamatra, always bringing any hooligans to justice with his weapon. There he always pray for safety before leaving on any mission involving the blasted Akademiya.

"How are you feeling? Aether said you were drained." Tighnari asked as his eyes glanced at the Creator's body. "And why are you wearing...a ripped nun's outfit?"

"Well-"
"It's NUN of your business," Cyno interrupts and Tighnari's ears folded a bit hearing the pun. The urge to kick a man was now but not in front of the Creator.

"Mhm." [M/N] covered his mouth a bit after hearing Cyno interrupt Tighnari with a joke, it was almost endearing in a way. "Stop, don't say that."

"I must if you keep giggling to yourself, it is a mighty compliment to hear you laugh about one of my jokes." Cyno said with a tiny grin and glanced to Tighnari who looked about donee.

"You two are insufferable," Tighnari said as he looked at the Crystal fly that came by, anemo landing on the flowers. "Cyno, if you stop cracking jokes, tell him why we came here."

"Why did you two come here? You both are very far from Sumeru." A voice pipped up and [M/N] looked only to move closer to Cyno, gripping the general's arm a bit, Diluc Raginvidr came out from the pathway from Dawn Winery. 

"We have news that needed to be told, the Akademiya had shut down the roads and any exports coming from Sumeru. The Dendro Archon herself declared a state of emergency, and the roads around the city became unbearable." Tighnari sighs as his ears are pulled back a bit, "Even the forest became untamable, lots of withering zones that even the rangers are unable to handle. Poor Collei is home suffering as well from the growth, her Elszer becoming unbearable."

"So it must be the work of the other God, Aether told us that he fled to Sumeru after ditching them here. He has the teapot captive as some sort of base." Diluc said as his gaze glanced at their Creator who refused to look at him.

That made his heart hurt, seeing the one God he prayed to while he was out of Mondstadt fear him. Diluc deserved it and more, but now another was here to tear apart the world they lived in, "Do you have any ideas of how to go forth?"

[M/N] perked up a bit and thinks, he feels Cyno rub his hand a bit with his callous fingers. "One, but I know it's a long shot."

"I should go talk to him, or even Nahida to see what she can do. She is the God of Wisdom, after all, she would know at least something." 

"To him? Are you trying to commit suicide?" Diluc snapped a bit, gritting his teeth as [M/N] nibbled on his bottom lip before pursing his lips.

"Well you guys decided that I should be, hunted down, hung, broke my hands, ankles-" [M/N] listed off bitterly. "Cyno you would take me would you?"

"I wouldn't think that's a good idea, especially with the city shut down." Cyno said, disagreeing but enjoying the grip and attention on him. "Getting in is nearly impossible even for me and Tighnari."

"I don't need to get in the city, just in Sumeru borders where she can reach me. Even better if there's...something robotic...like a Katheryn." [M/N] explains as he glared at Diluc, peeved. "Is that better your highness?"

"It...preferred..." Diluc mummer a bit, as he glanced to the Knights gathered in a group away from them. Unreliable as ever, even more since Jean was demoted. "You can't go alone." [M/N] stands up and dusted his nun dress off before looking at Tighnari and Cyno.

"I'm going with them, final answer." 

"That's a bit selfish....Kaeya saved you the first time against Levithan." Diluc points out as [M/n] bit his lower lip again, "Your Grace, I could always accompany you as well."

"Wouldn't you catch the place on fire?" [M/N] asked as he stared blankly at Diluc. Why was he so eager to come? "With your bird? Since I did take away your Great Sword."

"I won't summon it unless it is necessary," Diluc promised as hope burned within his chest. 

"Fine...you could add a bit of spice with Cyno's Electro burst and Tighnari's too..." [M/N] sighs as he looked over his clothes, he needed to change soon. One wrong anemo wind and his dress would come up. "I need to stop in Liyue too, and collect Kazuha."

"You're really leaving me again?" Aether speaks up as he walked towards them, arms crossed and bitterness showing on his face. "Without telling me?"

"No, I was just....trying to decide what to do next." [M/N] said as he saw the sun slowly come up in the horizon. 

"Mhm, whatever you say, I'm coming..I am useful too." Aether said as he glared at Diluc. "and make sure this...heretic doesn't kill you."

"Sheesh, okay Aether." [M/N] said as he reached and grasped the Traveler's hand, "Calm down, he isn't gonna do anything, right Diluc?" Diluc perked up and catches the Traveler's eyes. They were narrowed and staring back at him. 

"Of course, to work in your favor." Diluc said, bowing his head a bit.