27| Tear apart my flesh

"Oh! What are these pretties?" Itto asked as he eyed the delicious-looking vegetable on a little tree. They were plump and smelled nice, much better than the lavender melon back home. "Maybe they're like mutated apples or even some type of meat." He said as he plucked one up and threw it up before catching it. He looked at it and his stomach rumbled a bit, just looking at it and holding it made him hungry.

"Meat...on trees?" Tighnari repeated it, ears pulling back in annoyance and disbelief at this man's conclusion of the vegetable in his hand. Where do these morons come from? He watched the man who kept sniffing the Jueyun Chili. "This could be a learning experience for you." What use would it be for Tighnari to stop him, Itto needed to learn by himself.

"I can already see it, bringing a few of these beauties home for my boys to eat." Itto laughs happily as Qiqi watches, head tilted as Itto takes a large bite out of it. The red juices of the chili fall down his lips and stain the collar of his dark purple collar. She watched as [M/N] finished lacing up the bookbag of Liyue materials they got, some food and artifacts along with some of the mora. Itto enjoyed it seemed before the heat hit, and his pale skin began turning red as his markings. His eyes fill with tears and spit the "meat" out of his mouth, waving his mouth with his hand as he whines, "That's not meat!"

"No shit." [M/N] said as he watched the Oni spitting out the remains of the vegetable as he sighs. He looked at his hands a bit before trying to summon his power but merely got his fingers to turn black. He sighs a bit as he looked at Itto who finally turned back to his pale color while everyone began to move. 

"You could've warned me!" Itto huffed a bit.

"You would've eaten it regardless." Diluc points out as Itto glared at him a bit.

"Pft! I would've listened if my grace told me." Itto replied with another huff.

"Itto, there is a reason why I farmed for you and your I.Q was not one of them." [M/N] said as Cyno covered his mouth as Qiqi grabbed Itto's hand. She led the poor demon with her as Itto mouth finally comes down, and he did as well. Though the sky went a few shades darker as storm clouds covered the sun. [M/N] noticed and glanced around for cover, nothing but rocks that couldn't shield them and the trees too thin in the area. He grumbled as the rain began to fall, and he sighs as rain pelted them. 

"Here," Diluc said as he placed his dark coat over [M/N]'s head, wincing a bit as he felt how heavy it was but very warm. [M/N] could smell the vineyard and ink, probably from doing hard work in the garden and in the office.  He ignored how it made the butterflies in his stomach flutter, even after all this time, he was still feeling some sort of way. Maybe it was because of the money he spent on him, and everyone else. 

"You're only going to make him heavy with your rain-soaked disaster." Kaeya snipped a bit as they continued walking and glanced around for shelter. Cyno kept on moving with Tighnari not far behind even if his ears were down and his tail wrapped around his waist. Aether behind him and kept walking while ignoring the water pours on them. Qiqi and Itto are behind him, the little girl treading in the rain as Itto was shaking his head a bit to get rid of the rain soaking his white locks.

"There's a cave up ahead," Cyno called through the rain, as he leads them as the two brothers snipped at each other. [M/N] kept hurrying after and nearly dragging the coat behind him, nearly tripping on his coat a bit as he moved. They all gather in the cave, mostly soaking wet and annoyed from being caught in the rain.

[M/N] sat down and sighs a bit as Tighnari plucked the wood from the cave corners, looking it over before putting them in the middle. He adds a bit of dirt around them as his eyes glanced to Diluc.

"You think you can light it up?" Tighnari asked.

"Of course," Diluc replied, he stretched his arms a bit before bending down. His open palm is engulfed with flames as it burns the wood. The smoke slowly flows out as a lovely fire is made, Qiqi huddled closer to it along with Aether. [M/N] watched before seeing Itto sit beside him and actually stared down at [M/N] with a large grin.

"If you're hungry, I can go hunt us some grub. Maybe find a lizard or two, even some apples." He offered as he gestures his thumb out the entrance. 

"I'm good, besides you'll get sick." [M/N] said with a shrug.

"But you'll get hungry, and my husband deserves the best." Itto declared as he tries to stand up but [M/N] held his arm quickly. 

"Itto." [M/N] warned, he was a bit peckish but he could hold off the hunger. 

"Husband?" Aether said as his eyebrows were raised, "You're not married to our grace."

"Oh, I will be! I got a plan too, one of my homies has a thing for planning too." Itto said as he sits back down, his larger hand holding [M/N]'s. It even took him by surprise as Itto laced their fingers as the Oni grins, "I'm gonna wear white of course, and my fiance is totally gonna wear black. I'm also cool with a non-traditional wedding too and I'm trying to figure out how to make tiny black ties for my Onikabuto to wear-"

"Enough with the foolishness." Diluc interrupted as he fixed his red locks, "Especially with that idiotic dream. We need to focus what's at hand."

"It's not a dream!" Itto snapped, he puffed a bit as he looked at the redhead. "You're just jealous."

"Of what?" Diluc asked, eyebrow twitching a bit.

"That I can at least get married to our Grace while he holds you with a ten-foot pole." Itto said, "and that I could recognize him while you Mondstadt fools literally tried to grill him up."

Diluc was enraged as he and Itto began speaking, back and forth as the others ignored them. It was out of character for Diluc, maybe the mere mention of his past actions set him off. [M/N] ignored them too until something appeared beside him.

"Golden tree want an apple?" The tiny Aranara asked cutely, holding up a red apple to [M/N].

"Huh?"

"KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

"ITTO NO!"

++++

Sumeru was so easy to conquer, with their inner fights with the Scarlet king and their dear Lord Rukkhadevata. Not to mention the clear line between fights between the scholars and Eremites, then with the sages already stabbing their lesser God's back by trying to use the balladeer as their false god. Levithan just had to make an appearance at the sanctuary where they held the Dendro Archon and the Sages were on their knees.

It was quite easy to rule there, now he sat at a makeshift thrown they forced architects to make for him. It was dark green with a wooden pattern, and core lapis melted to be the metal. He sat on top of it, as the sages cater to him. They bring him wine that their greater lord use to drink, and his eyes narrow as the foggy drink clears up.

It was murky but could see the figures and a tiny Aranara that escaped the destruction of them. He hummed a bit as his finger touches the wine before sipping it. 

"I need more time...I just need to add a bit of weight...to their travel." Levithan hummed as he looked to the sage who bows their head. "Give me the earpiece for that machine.." He said with a smile as the sage does without question. It lights up a bit as Levithan hummed a bit, "Just a sprinkle of PTSD." He chuckled a bit as the akasha went from vibrant green to white as he speaks into it.

"Hello, Hello," He keeps his voice soothing, smooth, and light. Like he was pretending to be something good to ease them to listen. "You know who I am, and I am your Grace. With the help of the Akasha, I can finally help you and allow you to finally dream once more. It's not easy but you all must do one thing before achieving it, achieving your dreams." He sounded good, so good.

"Whoever brings me the head of the imposter roaming in Sumeru...I will grant you dreams and a blessing from me..your grace."