20| My Mistake

Who knew Scaramouche would be the one literally saving me from committing suicide? Not [M/N], he hoped his death would be quick or maybe get stabbed by many branches on the way down

Who knew Scaramouche would be the one literally saving me from committing suicide? Not [M/N], he hoped his death would be quick or maybe get stabbed by many branches on the way down. Not being caught by Scaramouche by his freakishly new large hands that reminded him of Ei and Zhongli. He wondered if Aether missed him from the teapot or if he left to come to find him, since the day Scaramouche saved him from the fall he never returned.

They walked and kept walking, wondering about the lands of Liyue, nothing much to do as [M/N] was scared to return to Liyue. He had choked those people, a child, and Ajax. He was guilty of it. He didn't feel like he should live after that, the way their faces lose color and their lips turned blue, the veins crawling up from their skin like spiderwebs. Everything haunted him and Scaramouche was not helping at all. He wasn't as boastful or even acted like he was better than [M/N].

He was a bit cocky at times especially when he goes hunting boars or even scouting the area, maybe even picking a fight with a Hilichurl or two. Since [M/N] has been gone for a few days. nobody had bothered him about his thoughts, but Aether must be having an aneurysm or something.

"Mora for your thoughts?" Scaramouche asked as [M/N] looked away from the fire in front of him. Fish cooking on skewers. It was sunset now and they both made camp somewhere deep within the borders of Liyue and Sumire. 

"Why did you save me?" [M/N] asked as he looked at Scaramouche who was watching [M/N] for most of the time. "You want something?"

"I want you to live, believe it or not," Scaramouche said as he stared at the Creator. "I don't want you to die. Not until you answer my questions."

"Why haven't you asked them yet?" [M/N] asked drily with a raised eyebrow. He knew it wasn't from the good faith of his character, he knew it was something he needed.

"You were trying to kill yourself, what else would've stopped you if not me?" Scaramouche replied. "Now without the meaningless conversation...why the archons?"

"Why the archons?"

"Why are they chosen? Aren't people into the free will?" Scaramouche asked as he leans into the sand with a sigh.

"I have no clue why, Celestia picked them...killing others to be this title..but it's not fair...but it's not fair for what happened to you." [M/N] said as he picked at the sand a bit, "Left alone and fallen into the hands of the Fatui." Scaramouche scoffed a bit as he stared at the fire. 

"It was better for me back then, they wanted me and I needed them. It was a mutual transaction." Scaramouche said as he looked to his Divinity, "I'm not a crying child clinging to the idea that Ei would want me after sparing me."

"But you're burdened with the idea that you are to be her, or at least trying to be a better version of her with the Gnosis that you stole from her." [M/N] said as the violet eye male grits his teeth and stands up.