21| The Intruder

[M/N]'s feet landed on the teapot's land, he was better with the sudden movement of transporting into the pot

[M/N]'s feet landed on the teapot's land, he was better with the sudden movement of transporting into the pot. Though he looked up and noticed the large change in the scenery, instead of the grassy hills where flowers grew there was neglected tall grass growing everywhere and wilted flowers. The trees looked stiff and dry along with tubby missing, the areas he had put down were either broken, in chaos and or burned to a crisp. The windows of the home were broken or slowly cracking despite being paneled. 

"What's going on?" [M/N asked and Aether couldn't respond since he didn't know either, everything was fine when he left a day ago. 

"Maybe your mood swing changed it." Scaramouche said as he eyed the mess a few feet away with disgust, "Or the Traveler is a revolting fucking pig-"

"SCARA." [M/N] hissed loudly and soon the door slides open and Paimon rushes out with cry of surprise.

"GUYS! It's been crazy since you all left, the ground started to rot and everything started to shake and even catch on fire." Paimon gasped as she looked at the door, her hands clenching together as she whispered, "and Paimon was hiding...but there's someone in the house.."

"Come on..." [M/N] said as he takes a few steps towards the door but Aether stops him. "Aether.."

"I'll go first...stay behind me," Aether said firmly and he goes inside first with Paimon floating close behind him then [M/N] and Scaramouche. The house looked wrecked as well with the wallpaper peeling off the walls and the floor creaking loudly as they moved, some furniture turned up and broken on its sides. Even the windows slowly cracked as they walked passed them, towards [M/N]'s office where it glows under the panel. 

"...Fuck...what the fuck is in there..." [M/N] could feel the chaotic energy from behind the door. "Aether...open it."

Aether nods and soon he pulled the door open, he slides it and the only thing moving was the fire in the fire pit. The room was suspiciously clean and then move to the couch, they freeze and stops when a head poked out from the fluffy white pillow. "Oh...It's Milkshake." They entered the office slowly and inspected it, there was still an uneasy aura around the room. 

"I can sense something here," Scaramouche spoke first as his nerves were on high alert, like something was staring at them but pushed it down to not worry his Divinity.

"Paimon doesn't see anything other than Milkshake and she's just...existing," Paimon said as she hovered closer to [M/N] as her eyes glanced around. "Should we just leave?"

"Yeah, I think-"

They winced as the door slammed closed and soon a loud laugh echoed in the room, the fire grew larger in the pit and cast shadows on them and the furniture. Aether and Scaramouche move closer to [M/N] as the laughs grew louder, "Stay close." Aether said as he gripped his sword tightly.

"Did you honestly think this could've been your life? When you're just perfect and happy?" The voice said before [M/N] felt a tingle going down his spine, he knew this voice since it would whisper in his ear when he did his cruel intentions on the citizens. 

"How...I thought you were just a voice in my head?" [M/N] said as he gripped his hair a bit, tugging as his heart pounded against his chest ad fear swelled in him. 

"Voice...in your...head?" Paimon repeats with wide eyes.

"Nope! But I should be thanking you," The voice said softly, almost comforting for a moment, "You did create me in your mind, someone to protect from these inbreed Teyvat fucks. You made me in your mind, let my dark desires fester in your mind then act upon them! It was so good, especially when you did them. But I am still disappointed that you didn't take Kaeya's eyes. He can actually see under that patch."

"No, what I did was wrong-"

"It's Retrubution, as Diluc says, " The voice mocks, "You got yours and now I can have mine."

"I don't want this." [M/N] snapped, yes he wanted them all to pay but in the right way. No more hurting people, no more injustice to him.

"But I do, let's not forget...I am you...so you're just lying."

"I AM NOT!" Or am I?

"Ugh, I would love to fight with you but I feel ready now." The voice giggles and the fire calms down and crackled. 

"What does he mean by that?" Aether asked himself before there was the sound of creaking and then a loud crunch after crunch. The group winced and Aether pushed himself forwards in front of them as Scaramouche's hands crackled a bit with the Gnosis in him, as Paimon screams in horror. She found the source of the cracking and the sight made her stomach churn in agony.

It was Milkshake, she had her head turned all the way around and her eyes closed, then more crunching as her body moved and shaped into a human form. Slowly instead of a dog body, it was a man in a white robe, Milkshake gone and replaced by the other man. The hood pulled off and [M/N] stared at the man who shared the same face as him, but with black cracks appeared around his eyes and lips. 

"What the fuck?" Aether breaths as the man's lips curled up showing his teeth. They were white and razor-sharp, something totally from Paimon's nightmares.

"Thank fuck you brought that stupid ass dog, habiting a human body is way worst..but I did not like the fact my new bones were crunching to create me." The man said as he moved his fingers over his cheeks and laughs joyfully, "My own flesh...feels nice."

"....Why...are you here? Why now..." Aether asked, voice shaky as his hands shake a bit. 

"I'm bored...I've been feeding my human vessel my desires...but now he doesn't want to be a good boy anymore.." The man chuckles loudly, raising his hand, and a bright white glow comes from his hands. He had powers and was able to unlock them before [M/N], he could a lot with this.  "But I'm not [M/N], correct?" He taunts and raised his hand up, [M/N] yelped as he was brought forwards to the man who shared his face. Scaramouche and Aether moved to strike the man in white but stop. 

"You do that again and [M/N] here becomes a meat shield." The man grins evilly as Scaramouche and Aether both take a few steps back. They glower at the man as [M/N] struggles but he couldn't even move.

"Stop...Let me go..." [M/N] grits out as the man hums.

"I'm not taking orders from you, but now that I'm my own person...I suppose a new name is in order." The man grins as he pretends to think, fingers curling up causing the glow to tighten its hold on [M/N]'s neck. [M/N] wiggles to get free, flashbacks of what had happened in Liyue replayed in his mind. The shouting, the cries of madness, the chanting that the people wanted him to die. Then there were the black dots that clouded his eyes, all of it slowly causing [M/N] to frantically wiggling in the man's hold as Aether and Scaramouche could only watch helplessly.

"Call me Leviathan." Leviathan coos softly, "The replacement of this puny human vessel."

"Sto-ahpp" [M/N] begs as the air was getting harder to breathe in, and claws at nothing. There was a loud ring coming through his ears as his limbs stopped fighting before slowly going limp. He was out and didn't hear the window crash open and pieces flying about.

"Freeze!"

+++

RIP MILKSHAKE