28| Don't enter the wither

"Everything was sprouting poison, the wither had come back when the Fake Creator, the other you came and took control. He didn't need the sages but enslaved them as his workers and the people of Sumeru, I understand the sages have their wrong-doings but my people do not deserve this." Nahida said through the Aranara she possessed to get the message across. [M/N] looked down at her, he had her in his lap as Itto had not only tried to kill her with his claymore but also Ushi's intense gaze on her despite eating the apple she had. "Now there was also a bounty put on you, not to hurt you but to capture and bring you to him."

"So he knows we'll be there....we could take the mountains that have no border. It's easier than entering through the Chasm. They probably have that entrance watched and they're ready to get their hands on you." Cyno said as he clicked his tongue a bit, this would ruin sneaking the Creator through the rough barriers. "Though if there was a bounty then maybe the Treasure Hoarders along with any hungry ermite or sage will be sneaking around waiting at the Liyue mountain."

"Maybe it's not too guarded, the entrance is by Gandharva Ville," Tighnari said as he looked at Cyno with a tilt of his head, "I'm sure any ranger around would deny entrance to or even hurry them away."

"How do we know your rangers wouldn't take up on the offer?" Kaeya asked as he folded his arms under his chest.

"You don't even know them and they are not only loyal to me but the forest. There wouldn't be a reason for them to trust the man." Tighnari countered back with a huff, his ears twitching in annoyance. "This coming from a man who chased after our Creator."

"I was not thinking right and did what everyone did-" Diluc snapped as he was getting closer to standing up Cyno moved a bit in front of Tighnari, shielding him a bit from Diluc's gaze.

"I highly suggest calming down, you Mondstadters always cause unnecessary trouble," Cyno interjected as he kept his arm out and his finger curled a bit, close to summoning his polearm. 

"Enough!" [M/N] snapped as he rubbed his neck a bit, his eyes stared at the three starting trouble with each other, "Well go up the chasm and walk into Sumeru boarders then from there we can find a place to hide out, even for a bit before discussing what to do next."

"Sorry..." Diluc apologizes quickly as Cyno nods his head a bit, "It's a long walk up there."

"Not if we all use the teleporter." Aether points out.

"But most of us can't really use it." Kaeya added with a shrug, he could but maybe after seven hours before being able to use it. 

"I could use them and maybe teleport us all to the nearest entrance of the border between Liyue and Sumeru," [M/N] said, "Lumberpick teleporter."

"That might be good, then we totally enter all sneaky like and do some cool Ninja moves too when we hide with nature," Itto said as he made an odd gesture with his hands and arms as [M/N] shook his head a bit at the gesture but of course that only grew Itto's optimism, "I know this kid, Sayu! She wears a cool costume and does cool ninja tricks and works for my Bro Ayato."

"We can sneak in but we're not wearing costumes." [M/N] said as he shakes his head a bit at Itto's idea.

"You're right, we don't have enough time for them," Itto said, nodding his head in agreement. 

"I have a suggestion of where to go but daylight would be preferred since...Levithan had to change the Aranara's looks, their behavior, and their sense of mind," Nahida said as she rubbed her tiny green stubby hands, "Into monsters that hunt for him or others."

"They aren't out in the daylight?" Aether asked.

"Apparently not, it hurts them so." Nahida explained, "but at night they are beasts and hunt like them as well."

"Well..." [M/N] tries to think but nothing was coming up, could they even save the tiny creatures or would his own powers destroy them? would he even want that to begin with or worst?

Aether noticed the hesitation and look of heavy thoughts rolling around in [M/N]'s head. Slowly he moved towards him and sits beside him, his gloved hand gently holding [M/N]'s and rubbed his thumb over his knuckles a bit, "We'll figure it out...I know we can. We can save the Aranaras and then drive Levi out from Teyvat for good or at least lock him up or something." 

[M/N] felt the soft touch and rubbed his hand over it, eyes still focused on the ground as Kaeya sighs a bit, "Maybe we should rest until morning...then we'll teleport up there to Lumberpick."

"Sounds like a plan." Cyno said as he leans back against the stone wall, Tighnari yawned and moved closer to the other before leaning on his shoulder to sleep. 

+++

FORgive me...
ForgiVE ME..

Forgive Me...Creator..

[M/N] jolts up a bit with wide eyes as he heard the voice of a woman talking to him, a woman he knew of the Greater Lord but that was impossible as Nahida was sleeping in Aether's lap this time. He rubbed his eyes before feeling something pushed under him and glanced to see Itto chest. He didn't realize that he slept on the Oni and was woken up by the Greater Lord's voice asking for forgiveness. He slowly rolled off and Itto snored, scratching his stomach in his sleep before turning over a bit. [M/N] noticed all were still asleep and the storm had stopped outside. He could hear birds singing outside and stepped out sighing as he rubbed his temple.

Why did she need forgiveness?  Why did she want my forgiveness?

"You're up early.." Nahida said as she wobbled out and stood beside [M/N], her dark eyes staring at the nature around them. "Did something wake you up?"

"I..."

She's the smartest Archon here so..maybe...

"Nahida, you know a lot about the Greater Lord Rukkhadevata...I..have been hearing her in my sleep...my dreams...and she had been asking me or...Levithan for..forgiveness." [M/N] said as the Aranara was quiet for a few minutes as she peered up with her little dark eyes. 

"...Well...this is the knowledge that was passed to me a very long time ago...and when she ruled Sumeru...in her prime, she...acted as your prophet...that was before the contaminated Knowledge and her death with the scarlet king," Nahida speaks as her head tilts a bit, "She was wise beyond many Archon years...but there was something written...something no one knows in Sumeru...it was heard to be your last message and her last one too...she didn't get to say it before her passing."

"...is it possible that Levithan is looking for it..?" 

"Not likely, his own idea of taking your place firmly...is on his mind...but if he does..it might have leverage on you and all of Teyvat," Nahida said as she moved closer and gently tugged at [M/N]'s pants leg. "But don't worry, only I know where the message could be..and it is protected."

That didn't make [M/N]'s mind calm down, it just rises up more questions.

What was the Greater's lord message that [M/N] apparently told her to tell everyone?