31| I'm in a cage with a Dead Body

Her body isn't dying, she looked exactly the same, her soft pale skin still warm, and her expression never twitched or slacked

Her body isn't dying, she looked exactly the same, her soft pale skin still warm, and her expression never twitched or slacked. Nahida looked like she was asleep despite the knife that was in her chest, she didn't twitch when [M/N] poked her hand or stir. It made sense that she transferred her body over to an Aranara to keep herself safe and alive. Though wondered why she never said a thing, [M/N] shifted a bit but winced when the chain around himself tighten a bit.

He looked down to see Levithan sitting there, in the throw he made as he orders some of the sages. They didn't acknowledge him as they stood there, watching his counterpart as [M/N] sighs. He lays down on his side and then turns the other way, he couldn't stand to watch Nahida, or what was of her. He drew into the dust of her cage, ignoring the whispers as he slowly fluttered his eyes close.

++++

[M/N] eyelids fluttered open slowly as he noticed the pink-white sky and the soft sound of humming. His eyes narrowed a bit as he saw the white tree branches with bright pink-white leaves clinging to the branches, as the humming continued as [M/N] recognize where he was. He slowly sits up and watched as the floating rocks rotated a bit before turning his head to see the humming. His eyes soften a bit to see the Dendro Archon, Greater Lord Rukkhadevata, before her form is destroyed. " Lord Rukkhadevata?" He asked softly as the woman smiles more as she looked up from her lap. " What am I doing here in Irminsul?"

" As my physical form is gone in the physical world along with my consciousness...you created me along with Teyvat...it only means that another piece of me is in your mind," She said as she pats the root she sat on and [M/N] walked over before slowly sitting down hesitantly. She smiles a bit with solemn eyes, " This is my last place before the creation of Nahida and saving Irminsul...but before you start apologizing..."

" How did you know?"

" The way you're acting reminds me of a guilty child," she said as she caught a petal that fallen off the tree and felt over it before humming again, " I should be the one apologizing, I had failed you...I did not deliver your last message or correctly protect Irminsul...I allow the corrupted knowledge to leak into sumeru and harm my people. I should be the one asking for forgiveness. It's my fault that I allow your abuse, harm to happen. I could not tell them when you will enter Sumeru, all of teyvat."

" I had told you that I would return?" [M/N] asked.

" Not only that but the different form, no longer your white hair or dark eyes, you told them you would come down with [H/C] hair and kind [E/C] eyes. But then the chasm happened and the knowledge hurting my Citizens then Irminsul. I could not tell them my last message, not even as Lessor Lord." She explains as she let the leaf drift away in the air, " now you hate all of us...we helped created that beast that wears your face...and commands everything in my domain."

"I...." [M/N] was a bit stumped but clenched his fingers into a fist as he listened to her, he couldn't tell what he wanted to say. He understood what she meant, but could he still feel hate for them? They were moronic and took everything to the next level, hunted him down and hurt him in so many ways. Though, he destroyed Teyvat, they all suffered and died until they collected him back into the game.  He treated them harshly back, he pulled his love away from them, he claim to hate them. [M/N] wasn't done until his injustice was satisfied, until he felt better himself but now with Leviathan gone, he felt empty. "...You did nothing wrong, you chose who to safe for everyone's safety and all of teyvat. Past me would've been proud of your great sacrifice."