Chapter 8: Wedding Shopping

Isabella's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face, thinking about Cole and his dashing smile.

It touched my heart that he didn't want a huge wedding and had agreed just for my sake.

I stood up and walked to the bathroom, and undressed quickly, running the shower.

After getting out, I wore a floral dress that reached my knees. It would make it easy to check out the dresses for the wedding. I left my hair out in the open, and applied a winged eyeliner along with mascara. I was not a huge fan of makeup and hence always kept it simple.

I wore black pumps and stepped out, walking downstairs to have my breakfast.

"Good morning everyone. " I greeted them, sitting down at the table.

Everyone replied, smiling brightly at me.

I placed the toast in my plate, and barely stood to get my cup of coffee, when the cup was placed in front of me.

I looked at the muscular hand, and turned to look at the face belonging to the hand, only to get the shock of my life.

"Good morning, Bella." He said, grinning widely, and took a seat next to me.

I just stared, stupefied.

I didn't expect him to be here. I thought we were meeting up at the store.

"Come on, sweetheart. You don't want your coffee to get cold now, do you? " Cole asked, making me turn to the plate in front of me.

I ate without speaking anything, my cheeks heated up. I don't get what happens to me when he is by my side.

It's like I turn into a mass of puddle. But I don't seem to affect him, as much as he does to me. Or he must be really good at hiding his emotions.

"You should eat more, Cole." Saying that, Mom put a stack of pancakes on his plate. He sighed, making me giggle.

"But I am already full. " He tried, but failed. No one could refuse mom.

Suddenly, he looked at me, with a mischevious grin and in the blink of an eye, my plate was also filled with pancakes.

I looked at it with wide eyes, making him chuckle.

"No, please." I whined.

"Eat it, squirrel. You have Cole for company. " Dad said, laughing loudly.

°°°

"It's all your fault." I said pouting angrily at him, when we were alone in his car.

Me and Cole were in one car, while the others were in the other. His parents would join us at the boutique.

"What did I do? " He said smirking.

"I feel like my stomach is about to burst. Why did you have to make me eat all that? ” I groaned, holding my stomach.

“Alright. I am sorry.” He said, laughing lightly.

“Stop laughing, you ugly pig.” Saying that, I walked out and went inside the boutique, where my mom was already waiting for me.

______

I sighed, getting tired of changing from one dress to the other. Nothing fit me, but the ones that did, didn't look good.

I slumped on the couch, exhausted.

“Isabella, try this one.” Mom pushed one of the dresses hanging on the side onto my arms. It was a plain white dress which was off-shoulders.