Chapter 31: Dinner

Cole's POV

I got ready in a light green shirt and black jeans, and black boots.

We were about to head to my parents house, for a dinner, where we were going to announce the news to them.

Her parents too, would join us there.

"Bella? Are you ready? " I called out.

"Two minutes. "

I sighed and slumped on the couch. She would take a lot of time now.

"Cole. I need your help. " I stood up and walked inside the closet, where she stood.

"What happened? " She was also wearing a light green dress that reached just below her knees. Because it was a flowy dress, her small bump couldn't be seen.

She held out her hand with the necklace, and turned her back to me.

I smiled and stood closer, our bodies touching. I pushed her hair to the side, and helped her wear the chain, before kissing her neck softly.

"Let's go. " She nodded, and I held her hand in mine, walking down.

I opened the door for the passenger seat, and she slipped in. I shut the door behind her and got into the driver's seat.

We reached my parents house after about an hour.

I again opened the door for her, and we both walked inside hand in hand.

"Hello." We greeted everyone gathered.

"It's been so long sis. I missed you. " Anna hugged Bella tightly.

"Not me? " I asked faking anger. She turned to me, and made an annoying face, sticking her tongue out.

Just then little Lily came running towards me, and I picked her up, kissing her cheeks.

"I know, Lily. Eveyone hates me here, except you. " I said in a baby voice, holding her tighter.

"Stop acting like a kid, Cole. " Bella glared, and I shut myself up. She was like a tigress now. Everyone just laughed.

"Alright kids. Dinner is ready. " Mum said, and we all sat ourselves at the table.

I served Bella a little bit of chicken biryani and she looked at it with disgust.

"I can't eat that, Cole. " She whispered shaking her head slightly.

"It's fine. What else do you want? There's spaghetti and pasta too. " I said patting her hand.

"Pasta please. " I nodded and exchanged our plates, because I had not served myself.

After dinner, we were all sitting in the living room, having a scoop of ice cream.

"I have something to say to all of you today. " I said, standing up.

All of them looked at me in confusion. But my mom and my mother in law smiled knowingly. Of course they already knew it.

"Bella is pregnant. We are about to become parents. " I said with a wide smile.

And all of them erupted in cheers and congratulations.

Her father came up to her and hugged her lovingly.

"Congrats." He whispered softly, and patted my back.

Evan and Katherine hugged both of us together, smiling and chattering widely.

"You guys knew? " Dad asked mom and Carol.

"Yeah. We were with Bella when she found out. " Mom said with a smug look.

"Alright. No need to be so proud of it. " Dad said grumpily.

"No. You wanted to be the first to know it, didn't you. " Mum teased dad again, and they kept bickering amongst themselves.

I stared at them with a small smile on my face, while Anna, and Katherine were gossiping beside me.

It was late at night when we reached back home, and both of us trugded upstairs, tired.

"I am so happy for us, Bella." I said, lying on the bed next to her, and kissing her forehead.

She smiled closing her eyes, and resting her head on my chest.

"I love you, Cole. " She mumbled softly.

"I love you too, my wifey. So much."

With that she dozed off, with my sturdy arms wrapped protectively around her.

The next day I woke up, and found the space next to me empty.

I checked the time, and it was already nine.

I groaned and walked out after brushing my teeth and having a quick shower.

Bella was sitting on the couch in the living room, with Drake, Alisha, Laura and Finn.

"Hey guys. " I waved and sat next to my wife, with my arm over her shoulders.

"Hey. " All of them smiled, and greeted me.

"Well, what are you guys doing here so early? "

"Well, I came to know that someone is going to become a parent through my parents. Yet these two didn't bother to mention their friends. " Finn said with an annoyed look towards us.

We both smiled sheepishly.

"I was about to call you guys for dinner tonight. Since you are here already, let me say it now. I am pregnant. " Bella said, her lips wide in a smile.

All of them cheered.

"Well, congratulations, you two. " Alisha said, hugging us tightly.

"I am gonna be the best uncle ever." Finn said with a proud smile.

"Of course you will. " I said, with a roll of my eyes.

We laughed and kept chatting, and teasing each other.

◌⑅⃝●♡⋆♡LOVE♡⋆♡●⑅⃝◌

A/N:

Next up is the Epilogue.

Thank you everyone for reading my book 😁

12-08-2023
💋