Bonus

(Long chapter ahead)

It was a cold day in December, and today was Christmas Eve.

"Carlos? " I called out to my son who was playing in the garden.

"Yes mom. " He came running.

My little boy was already eight years old.

"Where is your sister? "

"She was playing with me a few minutes ago. "

And that's when I heard a giggle and she came running towards me.

"Mumma! " And there came my little princess, Arabella. She was four years old.

"Ah! There you are, Ara. " I smiled. "You said you are gonna help me with decorating the tree. "

"Yes. I am helping you. Let's go. " She jumped up and down.

"But, I wanted to do it all myself. " Carlos pouted.

"What's the point in that? Listen here, son. When you do things with family, it's much more interesting and fun. Understood? " I asked, crouching in front of him.

He nodded, and held his sisters hand, before running towards the huge tree in the living room.

I smiled at their running backs, while walking behind them.

"Will Daddy not come for Christmas?" Carlos asked, looking at me, while we arranged the bells on the tree. I sighed, not knowing what to reply to him.

It had been a month since we had last seen Cole in person. There was a huge company in Russia which was teaming up with ours. And Cole, being the CEO had to be there.

The company here was being managed by Evan and me.

Ara snapped her head towards us, and looked at me with teary eyes.

She couldn't live a second without her Dad and here she was, without seeing him for a whole month.

"Daddy is not coming? " She asked, a few tears slipping out of her eyes.

"Dad will come on New Year's Eve baby. Don't worry. Uncle Evan is taking all of us on a trip to the amusement park, aren't you excited for that? "

But both my children didn't take the bribe. If they wanted their dad, then only him being here could console them.

They shook their heads, before getting back to the Christmas tree. They were sulking all the time they were decorating it.

I sighed.

We couldn't help it. The work this month was hectic. For me too. And hence why we were decorating the house at the last minute.

Meanwhile the bell rang, and I walked to the door, opening it.

It was my in-laws.

I hugged them wishing a good morning.

"How are my favorite grandkids? " Mama asked, crouching in front of the two little munchkins.

"Grandma." Ara screamed, before jumping into her arms. Mama hugged her tightly, and held out her other hand for Carlos.

"Hey, hey! What is this huh? Taking both the children to yourself. " Papa fake scolded her, and turned to Ara and Carlos. "Fine, you both. Hug your grandma. Don't come near me. You won't get these chocolates that I brought for you. "

He smirked smugly at Mama when both of them ran to him and hugged his legs tightly, asking for the chocolates.

"I think you are being real childish right now. " Mama said, shaking her head dissapointedly.