Chapter 29 : Problems?

Bella's POV

I walked through the corridors of the building, looking out from the glass windows.

It was the day to submit our project to Cole and Evan, although I had already given them a brief over it.

Both of them were seated on the huge chairs in the conference room, most of the employees were also here, gathering ideas.

Alisha and Laura were with me, both of them on either side.

"You can start now. " Evan said with a small smile.

We turned the laptop on, and I opened the folder named 'The Project'.

But to my surprise it was all deleted.

I looked at my friends, eyes wide in shock.

"How did this happen? " I muttered to Laura.

"There's no way. We just checked it in the morning. " Alisha said.

"What happened? " Cole asked, his dark grey eyes staring right at me.

I looked down unable to meet his gaze.

I could hear murmurs around us.

"What's happening? "

"The project information got deleted. "

"They might have done it purposely. "

"Yeah. People go to whatever lengths to gain sympathy. "

My eyes filled with tears at their comments.

I stood in front of the room, looking at the floor.

Faintly I could hear Evan instructing everyone one to leave.

Both of them got up from their seat, and came towards us.

I slumped on one of the empty seats and covered my face with my hands.

"Bella. What happened? " Cole asked, kneeling in front of me.

I sniffed and looked at him with teary eyes.

"It got deleted. I-I don't know how it happened. It was there in the morning. " I said, wiping my eyes.

"Don't worry. We will sort it out. " He assured, caressing my back.

"Did you guys leave the laptop unguarded? " Evan asked.

"It was only for about two minutes I guess, when we went to get you guys to the conference room. All the other times we were holding onto the laptop with us."

He nodded and typed something in his phone.

"We will check the CCTV footage. And there must be ways to retrieve it." He said.

"There is another copy of it in Cole's laptop. " I said in a small voice.

All of them stared at me, dumbfounded.

"What? I just thought it would be good to have a backup. And who would dare to touch the CEO's laptop? "

Alisha and Laura smacked my forehead, while Cole just chuckled and stood up.

"Why did you cry so much then? " Laura asked holding her hands on her hip.

"Oh! I just forgot about it then. " I said sheepishly, while all of them glared at me.

"Alright. Now get the presentation ready once again. We will have our meeting and after that we will see as to who deleted the file. " Evan said and we nodded.

I walked to Cole's office and grabbed his laptop.

People stared as they found me going into to the conference room again, but this time with the CEO's laptop.

The employees were again gathered in the room, and we started the explanation.

•~•

The meeting was done after about an hour, but Cole did not let anyone leave the meeting room.

"We have received the footage from earlier, on who deleted the important file from Miss Davies' laptop."

All of the them muttered to each other in low voices.

I stood behind Cole and looked at the footage along with Alisha, Laura and Evan.

It showed the three of us entering the room and placing our laptop on the table and leaving the room.

Just after a few seconds, two people were seen entering the room and to our shock it was none other than Travis Winston and Harmony Parker. The two people who were appointed along with me.

Evan ordered everyone to leave the room except the two.

Coles dark eyes stared at them in anger.

"What is the meaning of this, Mr. Winston and Miss Parker?" He spoke angrily, banging his hand on the table.

They flinched, but remained silent.

"For trying to ruin one of the important projects of the company I am firing both of you from my company. " He said and walked away angrily.

"Why did you delete the files? " Evan asked calmly.

"It's always Isabella who gets the projects. Yet the two of us are never seen. We weren't handed important projects. " Travis said, glaring at me.

Evan sighed.

"Because of this behavior itself you aren't handed important work. Now you heard the CEO. Get out of the building, before he sees you again."

With that the two were pushed out of the meeting room, and we walked away, thankful for completing our project without further issues.

◌⑅⃝●♡⋆♡LOVE♡⋆♡●⑅⃝◌

03-08-2023