Chapter 24: Girl's rule

Bella's POV

Laura stared at me in shock, as I coughed repeatedly.

"Come again? " I said, wiping my mouth and shirt.

"His name is Dr. Finn. What happened? Are you alright? " She asked, worried.

"Damn girl. You just gave me a heart attack. " I muttered. And then started laughing. It was funny to hear that someone had a crush on my idiot of a brother.

Finn, and handsome.

I laughed louder at the thought.

"What happened? " She asked, confused at my weird antics.

"Laura, Finn is my brother. " I said, trying to maintain a calm expression on my face, but failing miserably.

"What? " It was her turn to cough and choke.

"Yes. I'm not lying. " I laughed at her horrified expression. "But it's a help to you, isn't it? I can set you up with my brother. "

Laura shook her head and stood up abruptly.

"I'll talk to you later. I have some work to do. " And with that she fled from the cafeteria.

Poor girl. She must feel embarrassed as she told me all her fantasies involving my brother.

I stood up and walked back to my floor, which was just two floors down from Cole's.

The day passed by in the same manner, and I didn't encounter Laura again, after she had fled from the cafeteria.

The phone let out a sound, indicating that I had a messege.

"Come down in 10 minutes. I will be waiting near the gate - Cole. "

I started packing my stuff into my handbag, and then stood up, walking to the elevator.

The door opened quickly, and I stepped in. Before the door could close, Travis trugded in.

His face had a stressed expression. I didn't understand what work he had done to feel so deflated just on the first day of work.

"Good evening. " His words brought me out of my thoughts. He looked at me with a strange smile.

"Good evening. " I smiled, and continued looking at my phone.

I walked out with Travis right behind me.

"Do you need a ride? " He asked when he observed me standing outside the main glass doors.

"No, thank you. " I replied, looking around to spot the familiar black Audi.

As soon as my eyes found them, I walked quickly towards it, not glancing at Travis.

I opened the door and was welcomed by Cole's masculine scent, which I had started loving a lot.

"Hello wifey. How was your day?" He asked as he started the car and out of the gates.

"Great. You know what?- " And then I told him everything that Laura had spoken to me. "It's so funny to think that someone would like that idiot. "

I laughed.

He just nodded with a grin.

My phone went off, indicating a message.

Anna:
Sis-in-law, I need your help.

Bella:
What happened?

Anna:
I have this huge crush on a guy and he asked me out. What should I wear?
PS: Don't tell my brothers 👀