Chapter 13: The Wedding Night and Talks

Cole's POV

It was time for us to leave.

I stood near my car, waiting for Bella to say her goodbyes.

There were tears in her eyes as she hugged her father and mother and all her family members.

She walked towards Finn, who was standing off to the side, staring at the ground. I could see even he had tears in his eyes.

Bella hugged him tightly, sobbing in his chest, making him pat her head softly.

He whispered something in her ears, making her laugh, and then held her hand, walking closer to me.

"Now, go. Your new family awaits you. Especially Cole. " He joked, wiping her tears, and pushing her towards me.

"Bye. I'll call you in the morning. " Bella said, in a soft voice, as I opened the door for her. I got in, after waving to everyone.

The driver started the car, as we waved at everyone till they were out of sight.

Bella was right next to me, glancing out of the window. I took out my handkerchief from my suit and handed it over to her.

"Are you alright, Bella? " I asked, making her look at me with tear filled eyes. My heart lurched for her, but I was helpless.

She nodded, and scooted closer to me. I wound my hands over her waist, and placed her head on my shoulders.

"You must be tired. Take a nap. I'll wake you up when we reach." She nodded and snuggled into my chest, tired from the events of the day.

We were going to my house here in California which was about an hour away from the church. So Bella could do with a short nap.

I patted her head, and opened my mobile, reading the emails I had recieved.

°°°

I didn't have the heart to wake Bella up, so I picked her up, bridal style, and started walking inside, as we reached my mansion.

But my plan failed, as she opened her eyes just as I started climbing the steps.

"Did we reach?" She asked yawning, not at all bothered that I was carrying her. Or maybe, she didn't realize it yet.

"Yeah. "

"Oh my god! Cole, put me down." She yelled, as I walked up the steps to my room.

"No. "

"Why? I am heavy. " She whined. "And I can walk perfectly".

"I know that. But I like to carry you. So get used to it." She let out a small scream out of frustration, but snaked her arms over my neck, tightening her hold, as I opened the door with one hand.

"Welcome to your second home, wifey. " I said, kissing her forehead and placing her down. This was the place where I would have frequent visits, so it was basically where I lived, if not for my home back in New York.

"It's beautiful." She exclaimed, walking in, and examining the room with wide eyes. The bed was decorated with rose petals in a heart shape. And small fairy lights were hung around. Katherine and Anna had been the ones to decorate my room, and I could say they did a pretty great job.

"You can change in the bathroom. I'll be in the next room. " I said, before walking out.

After a short while, I heard Bella call out for me.

I walked inside the closet, to find her still in her dress, minus the makeup and jewelry.

"What happened?" I asked, confused.