Chapter 21: Surprise... What?

Cole's POV

I woke up with my arms on Bella's waist, and her head on my chest. Her hair was splayed out on her pillow.

I pushed the lock of hair from her face, admiring her beauty.

It had been a week since we were back in New York from our honeymoon.

She was so amazing that I couldn't stop myself from staring at her all day. I leaned down and kissed lips softly, waking her up.

I rubbed my hand on her naked back, slowly, feeling the goosebumps arise on her body.

"I know you are awake, love. " I whispered, nipping her ears softly. She groaned, and looked at me, with sleepy eyes.

"Let me sleep today. You tired me out last night. " She murmered, snuggling closer to me.

I chuckled, and picked her up despite her protests, and walked to the bathroom, placing her on the counter.

I went back to the bedroom, and after taking the white shirt from the floor, I stepped into the bathroom, to find Bella half asleep.

I slipped the shirt on her and buttoned it up. As she was an inch smaller than me, the shirt just reached her upper thighs. But it covered all the other parts, so that I could control myself.

"Come on, darling. Open your mouth." She followed my instruction sleepily, and I brushed her teeth for her, along with mine.

I filled the bathtub with water and added a few bath bombs which smelled like vanilla. I just loved that smell!

I then picked Bella up from the counter and placed her on the tub, after removing the shirt. I stripped myself from the shorts, which was the only clothing I was wearing, and stepped in behind Bella.

She clung onto me, while I washed her. She was still half asleep.

I must have tired her out a lot in these few days. I should distance myself from her atleast for another week.

"How are feeling now?" I asked and I dried Bella after stepping out from the tub.

"A little sore, and sleepy. But I am fine." She said, now opening her eyes completely.

I nodded, and walked to the closet, and took out one of my tshirts and Bella's shorts after dressing myself in a black suit.

I found Bella looking at her phone still wrapped up in a towel.

I handed her the dress and she smiled, kissing my cheeks.

I walked downstairs and prepared omelette and toast. I placed them on two plates, and placed two glasses of orange juice next to it.

Bella walked down soon after, dressed in the outfit I had picked for her.

"You didn't have to. " She exclaimed, looking at the breakfast laid out on the island.

"I wanted to. " I said with a grin, and pulled out her chair making her sit on it. After she was seated, I sat myself next to her, and we began to eat with little talks in between.

I left for my office after bidding goodbye to Bella.

As soon as I was seated on my chair in the office, Ellie walked in with a wide grin on her lips.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked raising an eyebrow, while simultaneously turning my laptop on.

"I have good news. " She said, beaming happily. "There is a spot for interior designer in the company. And we have to hold an interview to appoint a person. "

"And? "

"Oh god! What I am implying is, you can tell Bella to hand her resume and come over for the interview. " She said, faceplaming herself.

"I'll tell her. When are we holding the interview?"

"Day after. "

I nodded, and Ellie walked out, to get ready for the first meeting of the day.

I wonder if Bella will be pleased to work for the company!

°°°

I reached home, and found Bella looking through the TV eating a sandwich.

"I'm home. " I announced, before going closer and kissing her forehead.

"Hi! How was your day? " She asked.

"Good. I have some news for you. " I said, sitting down next to her.

She turned to me with a questioning look.

And then I explained to her about the job in the company.

"But won't it be cheating? It's technically me stealing a job meant for someone else. " She said, with a nervous look.

"No. It isn't. You just have to give the interview. Your selection will be based on your performance and not your relation to me. By the way, the interviewer is the head of that department. I maybe in the same room, but I won't be interviewing you. " I explained.

She nodded with an unsure look.

"Just give your interview. Don't worry too much about it. " I said, rubbing her hand which was on my lap.

"Okay. "

°°°

It was the day of the interview and I was seated in the corner of the room, looking at my laptop. Ellie was sitting beside me, looking at her watch impatiently.

"What are you anxious for?" I asked her, confused.

"I don't know. "

The head of the department, Sampson walked in, and greeted us, before taking his seat at the table, with two chairs in front of it.

Ellie looked out through the glass, peeping through the blinds.

"Wow! There are so many people waiting to be interviewed. " She exclaimed.

"It's going to be a long day, Sampson." I chuckled.

"I am ready, Sir. " He said with a grin.

Ellie nodded and walked out, calling the first person inside.

◌⑅⃝●♡⋆♡LOVE♡⋆♡●⑅◌
A/N:

Hello people!

A new chapter.

And new beginnings.. The story will take off from here. So be ready 👐😆

Until the next one
See ya
💋

27-01-2023