Just the Beginning- 1

"For the fifth time okay, I tripped and I accidentally punched him in the face... 7 times."

My mom obviously doesn't believe me because of the snort she does. "Nathaniel, I'm a lawyer, I know when people are lying."

I roll my eyes at her, "Don't call me that."

She takes her eyes off the road for a second, "I'll call you whatever I want, I pushed your 7 pound ass out of my vagina at 3 in the morning after a 10 hour labor."

It's my turn to snort, "Bitch, this is why you should've paid $1 for a condom."

My mom takes one hand off the steering wheel and slaps me in the arm, "Language."

"Sorry," I say in what I thought was a believable tone before she goes, "Lawyer."

I have to bear a 30 minute drive of her bickering to me about how punching people, even if they are dicks, isn't right. I disagree, but she's the lawyer and of course she wins every argument.

Mom's a really good civil defense attorney and that's why she works at one of the best law firm's, Blackwell and Associates. We get out of my mom's BMW and walk up the steps to a really big building. It's Blackwell's main building. Blackwell has 11 offices in total, in many different states.

The first thing you see when you walk into the building is a very pretty receptionist with a headset on.

My mom greets the lady, "Hey Margaret!"

"Hello Mrs. Adams. How is your day going so far?" The receptionist answers.

My mom lets out a deep sigh, "With this one," she points to me, "a nightmare. He got suspended from school and last time I left him home alone I ended up with red cups all on the floor, broken statues, and unknown stains everywhere."

I laugh at the memory of the last party I threw. Man do I know how to throw parties.

The receptionist looked at me weird for a second before plastering on a fake smile. "Huh... interesting story Mrs. Adams."

My mom's heels click as she walks over to the elevator and presses the button for the last floor, number 10.

I look at myself in the mirror that's on all four of the elevators walls. My dark blue denim jeans fit nicely, while my grey cardigan fits snuggly over my black shirt. My cardigan opens like a jacket because it has no buttons on it, revealing the black shirt and the outline of my abs. I push my brown hair back, running my fingers through my hair to give it that messy look. I look at my eyes, the green shining in the mirror. Starting to playing with the hooks in my jeans I question to my mom, "So you brought me along to your boring job because you don't trust me at home?"

She smiles and flips her long brown curly hair, "Okay 1) Yes 2) I want you to get a taste of the real world. You can't go around punching people. You'll get arrested, not just suspended. And 3) My job is most definitely not boring."

I mutter under my breath, "bitch."

But by the slap she gave me I have a strong feeling she heard me.

We get up to the highest floor and walk down a couple hallways until we reach, what I presume, to be her personal office.

She walks in and takes her blazer off.

I lean at the doorway taking in her office. Pretty nice, except for the lack of beautiful pictures of me. There's pictures of me, her, and my little brother together, but none of my face singularly. I mean come on. Who wouldn't my face all over their work place?

"So have you ever had sex on the desk?" I ask her. She's single so hey, why not have a little promiscuous fun.

She looks up and smirks at me, "Couple times."

I immediately get grossed out. It's not like I actually expected her to answer. And I'm not even sure if that was an honest answer or not but truthfully I really don't want to know.

"Nate go get me stuff from the mail room," my mom demanded.

"Oh yeah sure I'll go get 'stuff' from the mail room. Is it right next to the 'thing'? Or is it by 'that'?" I say sarcastically.

She starts typing on her computer on her desk. Without looking up she goes, "There's a box labeled Alexandria Adams on it. It's a big box, won't be able to miss it."

I huff, not really feeling up to physical activities unless it's sex. "Where's the mail room at," I ask her.

Still, without looking up from her screen like it's the most important thing in the world she tells me, "Straight down, 2nd to last door on the right."

I get up repeating the directions in my head. I get about half way down when some person comes out of a room and bumps into me, knocking coffee all over the other person. I look up to see a man with a little scruff growing. He has dark brown hair to match his brown eyes. And to match the brown stain all over his white dress shirt and jet black suit coat.

"Oh fuck, I'm so sorry," I exclaim at the main who looks very powerful and very attractive. He probably gets a lots of girls.

Which is unfortunate because I'd love to fuck him.

The man just looks at me in shock, "I have a business meeting in less than five minutes and you decide it's the perfect opportunity to spill coffee on me."

"Well technically you're the one who walked into me."

This just angers him more. "Do you know who you're talking to? Who are you? You're like 10. What are you even doing here?"

Any normal person probably would have been intimidated by his strong figure, even though he looks pretty young. 28? 29?

"You're about 7 years off and my mom works here."

He glares for a second, "What's your mom's name?"

"Alexandria Adams," I say pretty proudly. My moms actually well-known and like I said earlier, really good at her job.

He stares for a couple more seconds, "I'm going to have to cancel my meeting and get new clothes. Come with me," he says and starts walking in the other direction.

Who does he think he is? I don't know why but I turn and follow him only to be surprised because he walks into my mother's office.

She looks up probably expecting it to be me but once she sees that it's me and the other gentlemen she stands up and starts to brush her dark blue pencil skirt with her hands. "Mr. Blackwell," she says, "What a pleasure, what can I do for-" My mom stops once she looks down and sees the wet brown spot on him, coffee mug in his hand, and me standing guiltily behind him.

"Nathaniel," my mom says through clenched teeth, "Please don't tell me you spilled coffee on Mr. Blackwell's outfit."

I walk a little bit closer, "I could tell you I didn't spill coffee on Mr. Blackwell's outfit but that'd be a lie." What I say catches up to me though, "Mr. Blackwell? As in Blackwell and Associates? Cool, I spilled coffee on an important dude."

Both Mr. Blackwell and my mom turn to look at me and boy if looks could kill.

It's Mr. Blackwell who speaks next, "Look, I'm not gonna be rude about this. I have a really important meeting that I can reschedule but I just wanted to inform you on what your son has done and I hope that you will keep a close eye on him in the future."

Mom replies sternly, "I certainly will Mr. Blackwell." But the way she looks at him was interesting. Maybe they're have an inter office romance. That's oddly disgusting and adorable at the same time.

He nods to her, "Good work Mrs. Adams." He then turns to me and looks me in the eyes. We don't really say anything but just kind of stare at each other. Not in a threatening way either. More of an intrigued way.

He clears his throat and walks away.

Weird.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
(A/N) OOOOH new story! Alright my lovelies, pretty pretty please with a cherry on top vote, comment, and share.

X

-Emily