Ex-wife -11

Ex-wife.  I've only known Aleister for less than a week so it make sense that I didn't know about his wife. 

Natalie scoffs, "Friend?  He's like 10."

I laugh remembering that's similar to what Al said to me the first time we met, "Yes, I see why you got married."

Aleister flips me off before walking over to his desk and looking at some files. 

Natalie and Nate.  Our names are too close for my liking.  Our names are like the names of twins who's parents are really unoriginal.

Aleister walks over to me and slides his hand up my arm until he reaches my muscle.  I can see Natalie watching us.

"Natalie and I were supposed to get together for brunch and catch up but I was so busy I forgot and here we are now.  She's staying for dinner, her friend is coming to join us, you're welcome to stay."  I can't seem to focus because his hand is driving me crazy.  I just want to force his hand to go other places.

But I control myself enough to gather up my words, "Well considering I don't have a ride home, I'm going to have to stay."  I can tell Aleister is... Excited?  You'd think he wouldn't want me to intrude but then again Natalie seems like a bitch.

It's funny because yesterday I made Theo drive my car home from McDonald's because I left it there and now I'm going to have to walk to school but it's not a long walk.  Maybe I can sleep over Al's and get a ride.

Aleister takes his hand off my arm. 

Natalie looks clearly annoyed at me.

"Al, can I talk to you for a sec?" I ask him trying to get away from the petty wicked witch of the west.

"Al?" She questions with revulsion.

I smile at her even though on the inside I want to slap that bitch.

Aleister leads me out his room and closes the door.  "What's up?" He inquires.

"Are you sure you're okay with me being here.  It might get awkward," I say hesitantly.

He shakes his head, "No, no, no, I want you here.  Honestly, after you left yesterday I couldn't help but think about you.  And now that you're actually here I don't want you to go."

"Aleister Robin Blackwell, you are a much different person than I originally thought you would be," I laugh.

The doorbell rings and Natalie rushes out the room and down the stairs without giving any particular thought to us.

Al laughs along with me, "Like wise Mr. Nathaniel Heath Adams."

I follow after Aleister downstairs to see a pair of familiar eyes.

"Nate."

"Lia."

"Natalie," Aleister says.

"What?" Natalie asks.

He shrugs, "I don't know I just wanted to be relevant."

I slap him in the stomach, not too hard but hard enough for him to stop talking.

Natalie steps toward, "Wait, so you guys know each other?"

Lia blushes and pushes her blonde hair out of her ocean blue eyes revealing slight freckles that are extremely adorable on her.  "New York city has lots of people and it's just my luck I run into you," Lia states.