Cliché -21

*Carson's P.O.V*

I wake up, the light from the sun shining in my eyes. "Ugh, if you're not a cop can you please stop shining light in my eyes," I groan.

I throw my pillow at my window, obviously not fixing the problem.

I sit up and hear a faint crying in the room next to mine. I get up and look at myself in the mirror, I'm shirtless and my plaid green and blue pajama bottoms are hanging low on my waist. I fix my hair a bit just in case it's one of Nate's one night stands crying because he will probably never talk to her again and maybe I can swoop in and help a damsel in distress. One can hope.

I leave my room only to realize that the crying is coming from my mom's. I cautiously knock on the door.

Before waiting for a response, I open the door knowing she would've just told me to leave her alone.

All the lights are off in her room even though the clock says it's 10:26. "Mom?" I question.

I hear a sniff come from under the blankets. I walk over to her and sit by her side. "What's wrong?"

She shoes me away. Licking my lips I think of a way to cheer her up. But sadly my brain fails at clever tricks to get her to smile.

Well fuck it, "I killed your rabbit."

She gasps, "Carson what the fuck. Oh I knew it! I so called it! But hey your brother covered for you. He always was a good liar."

At least she's talking. "I told you a secret, now you need to tell me yours. Why are you crying?"

She sits up, I can see makeup stains on her face and tissues all over the bed, "Your brother decided it'd be a good idea to sleep with my boss."

I close my eyes. That idiot, why did he tell her?

I huff at his stupidness. "Eh he didn't sleep with him."

She pouts, "Of course you know too."

I push her hair behind her ears, "I'm sorry. He really didn't mean to hurt you."

Then for some reason she gets perkier, "Can you answer my questions?" By the visible confusion playing on my face she explains furthermore, "I obviously have questions and clearly I can't ask Nate."

I do hand motions to suggest for her to go on.

She moves her jaw thinking, "Okay, how long has this been going on?"

Nate has told me few of the details of their relationship but not much but I can confidently tell her, "Not long, less than a month. Maybe a month."

"They've never had sex you said? Have they ever done anything sexual?" She says reluctantly not wanting to hear the answer.

For this question I will have to lie. If I say they've only kissed and nothing more really she will jump to conclusions and say stuff like 'Then they don't know for sure if they like each other because they haven't done anything sexual' so I just nod to her. I know my Mom and if she has the slightest bit of doubt, she'll jump on it.

She sighs, "Has he been spending the nights at his house?"

"Yeah," I say my heart breaking at every question because I can see how much it hurts her.

She bites her nail, "Alright well I'm not gonna go to work today. I think I'll stay home."

"Yeah, I think that'll be good for you. I have to get ready, Nate and I are going to the beach."

I leave her room and actually run into Nate in the stairs.

"God damn, why do I run into people so much. But I'm glad that I caught you. Ryan's coming with us to the beach," he says exasperated.

"Alright, he's cool."

When I first Ryan I thought he was really shy, which he is but he drank some and lightened up. He's actually kind of nice to talk to. He's the type of person who might be hesitant to do something really illegal until I talk him into it and I think he might be a fun kid to manipulate.

Nate looks into my eyes, "Don't fuck with him too bad." He says this with a knowing look.

I roll my eyes, "Don't worry, I won't get the kid in trouble."

"You're the same age and he's a senior."

I'm a sophomore and oh shit yeah I remember him telling me about that. "You know what I mean."

The doorbell rings and Nate runs down to open the door. I go to my bedroom and change into a pair of jeans, muscle tee, converse, and my swimsuit trunks under my pants. I pack a beach bag really quick and sit down on the couch next to Ryan.

"Hey," I greet, "Where's my brother?"

He points to the nearest bathroom with his thumb.

"Would you be up to go out tonight?"

His eyes open in surprise, "What do you mean?"

A smile breaks out onto my face, "You, me, my brother, I would say Aleister too he's a lawyer so... But anyways, I could introduce you to my world and show you why my mom sent me off. Try not to get arrested."

He looks conflicted, "Like what would we do?"

I search around the room letting my mind wander to thing of some ideas, "I don't know really. It's all a spur of the moment usually, break into a few places, smoke some shit, maybe play some games. It'll be fun, I swear," I say.

He bites his lip, which I'm sure if I was gay or bi or whatever would turn me on. Man this kid is going to fuck me up, I have a feeling.

He sucks in his cheeks before considering, "All right, but if I don't have fun we're gonna have a problem. And can we try super hard not to get arrested?"

I smirk, "Of course."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
(A/N) just an insight of what's to come in my new book, Cliché. I haven't posted it yet, I will when this ends but this is just a kind of preview/look so you can see what type of things will be happening and stuff. Lol I'm bad at explaining. But yeah thanks for over 100k! I literally won't shut up about it.

Votes, comments, and feedback are well appreciated.

-Emily