Coffee Break -2

I'm laying down on Mom's office floor throwing a ball in the air like a cheesy 90's film when my phone rings, slightly startling me. I set down the ball and swiftly press the green button answering the call.

"Hello?" I question.

"Hey!" A really perky voice from the other line comments.

There was about five seconds of silence before the girl interrupted the silence. "It's Ashley... From last Thursday."

"Oh! Right Ashley, sorry my mind went blank there."

My mom, most likely listening to my words replies saying, "When isn't it." I have a small urge to throw the ball at her but then I remember that she is my mom and I'm literally in a building full of lawyers. Probably wouldn't be my best choice.

Ashley continues on speaking probably not hearing my mothers quite rude comment, "I left my number on your night stand, but you never called back and I asked around to get your number."

My eyes opened wider at this statement. I wasn't actually planning on talking to her again, just having awkward eye contact in the school hallways. It's more fun that way. Anyways, she wasn't even that good in the sack.

With girls like this you've got to nip it in the bud. Stop it before it happens again. I go to the corner to try and get some privacy but I don't really think standing 5 feet farther away from my mom made a difference. I'll just pretend like it did.

"Listen, Ashley honey," I start but stop because Mr. Blackwell opens the door and goes to talk to my mother about something. I do notice however that he does take a quick glance at me. I continue again but a little quieter this time. "Ash, it's not you. It's me. You're a very beautiful girl but it wouldn't have worked out. You know I'm not the dating type. Besides, I fucked your brother so it would've been kind of awkward."

At this point, both Mom and Mr. Blackwell look up at me perplexed. But I didn't have time to focus on them because I hear shouting into my ear, extremely loud shouting by the way. I think that bitch made me a pinch deaf. I quickly remove my phone away from my ear and Ashley is yelling so loud to the point were everyone in the room can hear. It's a little muffled but I think she said something like "You dirty bastard I can't believe you'd do that to me you dirty faggot. Don't talk to me ever again!!!" And then the line went cold.

"That was the plan," I said to no one. I looked at my mom and her face was a mixture of embarrassment and pure anger. Mr. Blackwell's face was more of an intrigued one with a raised eyebrow.

I chuckled trying to lighten the mood. "Girls? Right? No? Okay, uhm Mom I'm going to go get some coffee." I slowly slid out of the office, but right before her door closed I shouted, "Don't worry, I won't hit on the receptionist." Which was a total lie. I am most definitely hitting on the receptionist. I walk over to the elevator and press the circular button making it glow. I walk into the elevator and again look at my reflection. I won't lie I'm actually a pretty good looking guy. Many girls, and their brothers, would agree. Once I reach the first floor I walk up to the receptionist.

"Hello," I say in smooth voice.

Her nails click on the keyboard and she barely looks up and acknowledges me.

"Is there something you need sir," she says. That's odd. Her face says "Fuck off, I hate my job," but her voice is so welcoming. I need her to teach me her ways.

I clear my throat obviously not getting anywhere with her, "Where's the coffee machine at?"

Still without exactly moving from her position she says in a stern voice, "Straight to the right."

She'd be hotter if she wasn't so damn serious all the time.

I slide around to the right and see a room which I'm guessing is where they hold the glorious coffee. I can't go a day without coffee. It's one of my less... frowned upon addictions. I open the grey door and the coffee smell hits my noise and I really want to moan, but then I remember I'm in public. Stupid socially unacceptable rules. Why can't I just moan at my coffee and not be judged.

I grab a plastic cup and make myself a cup of coffee. Should I get my mom one? If I make her a cup then I'd have to go see her to give her the coffee before it gets cold and that won't be good but then again she'd like a cup of coffee. Ehhh I'll get her one because I'm the best son ever. I'm literally child of the year. I mean if you exclude the parties, drugs, alcohol, sex, and suspensions. Yeah, totally child of the year. Right.

Anywhore, I finish my cup and throw it away, taking my mom's in my hand and going to the elevator once again. Passing the receptionist I look at her and she's doing the same thing, typing and looking very nostalgic while also working extremely fast. That must take talent.

When I reach my mom's floor I take a deep breath, preparing myself for the shit storm that's about to rain down on me. I open the door and no surprise, Mr. Blackwell is gone. I don't even know why I care. I mean yeah he's hot but, it's not like any things going to happen.

Just a sad, far-fetched fantasy.

"Okay before you say anything Mom, I got you coffee," and then I squint and go into a sort of armadillo state shrouding back.

But when nothing happens I slowly open one eye all the way to see Mom closer than she was originally.

"Oh god!" I squeal. "Don't kill me! I'm too young to die!"

I hear a deep huff. "I'm not going to kill you Nathaniel." Then I hear the sound of heels clicking and her sitting down. I feel it's safe enough to open my eyes so that's what I do.

"Why not? I mean I'm not objecting. Just curious," I say quietly trying to not set her off. You never know with mothers. The smallest thing will start World War 3 with them.

"It's not your fault a crazy girl happened to call you when my boss, CEO, and owner of one of the biggest law firms was in the room. Although, it was your fault you slept with the crazy girl's brother," then Mom starts laughing.

I slowly start laughing too. Mom adds to her statement, "I can't believe that even happened. I even saw Mr. Blackwell holding back a smile, which was so hot."

"What?" I question.

She fixes her reply, "Which was so funny. What did I say? Did I say hot? How did that happen?"

I point at her, "So I was right! You guys have slept together!"

Mom looks shocked before regaining composure and saying, "What! No, well I mean almost. We had some late night fun but it was a mutual agreement to stop before it got too far because of multiple reasons. Do I have to mention he's my boss and don't forget about the near 10 year age difference. He's 29 for heaven sakes."

But the thing that really got me about that answer was that I could tell, it's pretty obvious, Mom has a crush on Mr. Blackwell. Wow. That's kind of weird.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

(A/N) interesting first day for Nate if I must say so myself. I'm extremely proud of this series and it's only chapter 2. Thanks so much for reading ^~^ comment, share, vote pleases!!! I love you so much you have no idea

-Emily