What are we? -14

"What are you doing here Ryan?" I question.

He laughs and points back to his parents which are now looking at us, "My parents own some huge company and dumped there lawyer and are now looking for a new one. I'm guessing this is where your mom works."

I nod but before I can say anything his mom cuts me off, "Oh sweetie is this your little boyfriend?" Ryan groans and my mom whispers to me.

"Please tell me you didn't sleep with their son," she pleads. I just laugh which puts her even more on edge.

Aleister begins obviously frustrated, "Mrs. Adams, are you ready to begin?"

My mom shakes her head yes before glaring at me, very hard.

"Be careful and courteous of these people Ryan," his mom speaks again.

I sling my arm around his shoulder, "Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on him." His mom and dad smile probably thinking we are a couple. Which I find hilarious.

Aleister walks out of the room and closes the door and once it's closed Ryan lays his head down on my shoulder and whispers to me, "Oh god that's so embarrassing, they're probably so grossed out by me."

I laugh at this, "You're kidding right. They totally ship us." I put my hand on his back.

I look up to see Aleister look at us, his gaze lingering for a while before leaving.

Ryan looks up, "Wait! Was that him!"

I slap his shoulder, "Say it louder will you? Yes."

Ryan squeals quieter, "Man he is so hot."

I huff out a breath, "You're telling me."

Ryan looks very confused at me, "Why are you standing here with me, go talk to him while he's here! I hear office sex is very sexy."

I roll my eyes and continue talking to Ryan.  We sit there for a while before I decide to get some coffee then go to Aleister's office.

I knock on his door once I'm there.

"Come in," he says in a very professional voice. It's weird, it's like it's a whole different tone.

I walk in to see him just staring at nothing.

"Ahh so this is what really happens behind the scenes, you doing nothing."

He sits up, my voice catch in his attention. He clenches his jaw, "What? Did you get tired of your boyfriend?"

My face forms in confusion, "You mean Ryan? No he's just a friend."

He rolls his eyes annoyed, "Sure. I wonder how many people you sleep with regularly and then just get bored."

What? I walk over to him, "No, don't say that."

He stands up and tries to brush past me but I grab his arm, "Yes, I've been quite the slut but right now it's only you. I'm only interested in you. No one else."

Al eye's search my eyes trying to find the truth in them, "How can I believe you?"

My hand touches his face, "You can't really, just trust me. I promise."

He rubs his face into my hand and closes his eyes, "I'm sorry I just get really possessive.  We don't have a label on this relationship which means you're free to be with whoever you want and I can't say anything about it."

I shut him up the best way I can, I kiss him.  I don't want him to focus too hard on the problems we face because there are a lot.  

There was a knock on the door so we break apart.   My mom walks in, "Hey, I didn't mean to intrude on whatever conversation you were having.  They decided to go with us!"

Aleister instantly breaks into a smile, "Oh my god that's great news.  This is probably one the biggest company we had sign with us this year."

Jesus, how big is Ryan's parents company.

My mom's eyes land on Aleister's hickey.  Oh no.

She laughs it off, "So I see you had fun last night."  She points to the hickey.

His hand immediately covers the spot I left, embarrassed, "Oh I just-" he fumbles over his words.

"No you're fine, I was just making an observation, I didn't know you were dating someone."  Usually when someone finds out their crush is with someone else they'd back off and just get really upset but not my mother.  I know her and when someone else is with her crush that makes her want to fight harder and she will not give up.  4/5ths of her boyfriends were dating someone when they met my mom.  She has a track record for this type of thing.  She knows the right words to say and the right words to wiggle her way into their paints.

He laughs rubbing his neck, "I'm not."

I look down at this statement remembering the conversation we just had. 

She leans on a desk nearby, crossing her legs and batting her eyelashes definitely appearing sexier, "Oh so she's not important."

He opens his mouth but she continues, "I mean if she was important than you'd announce your love to her to the world."

He bites his lip before letting it go, "We only just met."

Mom stands up, "Yet she's giving you a hickey, she sounds like a slut and you're not the person who gets with sluts."  And with that she leaves his office.

He turns to fully face me, "I'm sorry she said that, I should've tried a bit harder to hide it."

I shake my head, "No she's right.  What are we doing?  I have slept with too many people.  I don't deserve you.  I should go."

He tries to stop me but I get out quicker than he can. 

I'm so stupid.  Why did I think that we were going to have something for real.  I mean who was I kidding.  We just aren't meant to be.  It never would've worked out anyways.  Better I just stopped it now.

I guess my moms words really stuck with me didn't they. 

I just wish I didn't get so attached to him.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
(A/N) 3 chapters in one day, woooo.  But yeah, Nate's mom is trying to get with Aleister and Nate's... Going to let her?  Well see you next chapter.

Peace

-Emily