Valentines Day Special -23

Haha thought you would never see this I bet! For those of you who I don't know, I finished this book but aye I felt like it ended abruptly so this is a valentine specialI'm gonna be uploading chapters to finish this off even it some of you probably won't come back but this is for all of you that doBtw this continues from them sitting on the couch and saying I love you.

*Aliester P.O.V*

An alert goes off on my phone.  Immediately recognizing the alert as the one I have set for my dad, I sigh and pick up the phone.

"Yes Dad."

Nate looks startled and mouths the words to me, "Dad?"

I nod.

"Son, hello.  What's going on?" He asks confused.

"By what ever do you mean?" I ask playing along

He clears his throat, "People have been calling me and asking me how I feel about "it".  And then when I say what the hell is "it" they say I should talk to you."  I then hear a slurping sound.

My dad's been living in paradise ever since his retirement back in '06.  When my mom left my dad, instead of drinking his sorrows away, he left the states and went somewhere in the Caribbean, living his life away.  I could just imagine him sitting in a hammock, drinking a cocktail with a little umbrella in it, with one of his Hawaiian shirts out of his collection when all of a sudden he gets a bunch of calls about his son.

Now how am I supposed to tell him, his son, who couldn't really control his relationship life with girls, has finally settled down but no not with girls, with a guy whose name oddly resembles his ex-wife.  "Father?"

"Mhmm," he says in between sips of his almost empty drink.

"Maybe, it'd be better if I told you this in person but since it will probably be on papers at the airport I guess I will just have to tell you now.."

He pauses, "Did you fuck up the company?"

My dad is really protective of the company he built from basically the ground up.  I would kill myself before messing up something there and then tell him. He doesn't have one of those, he lived poor and made something of himself stories, no he was doing fairly well and went out on a whim with the company.

I laugh, "No uhm Dad so there's this person I like.  And it's a guy."  I wince after I say those words.  I could be a confident, cocky asshole when I wanted but never in front of my dad.  I could for my mom but for some reason my dad was my weak point.

When I don't hear a reply I bring the phone away from my face to make sure he was still on the call.  When I saw that he is I put the phone back to my ear afraid I'd miss something.  "Dad?" I question quiet.

He breathes out, "Yeah this is just a shock.  You were married.  How?  You're gay now?"

I smile slightly at my dad's innocence, "No Dad, I'm bisexual I guess.  It's a new term to me too but I guess that I've always been open to everything.  I know this is a lot to take in."

"Does Natalie know?"  My dad's always had a soft spot for my ex.  She kisses his ass all the time because one word: billionaire.  She was never like that with me though.  I mean I'm sure money was a plus but it was real with her.  We just weren't meant to be and we could feel it. 

"Natalie's cool with it.  Sort of.  But I'm happy and that's all that matters." I manage to laugh.

I look over to Nate and he smiles at me, putting his hand on my thigh and giving me a squeeze of encouragement. 

"Oh okay," his voice quiets down and I hear the faint sound of slurping.  "I have to go.  But I'll talk to you later," he says.

I shrug knowing this is the best response I'm probably gonna get.  "Bye Dad."

"Yeah bye son."

I turn my phone off.

Nate looks at me, "At least he didn't tell you to go play in traffic."  I smile, Nate always has something clever to say.

I nod, "It's definitely not not positive."

I lean in and give him a quick kiss.  I'm finally content.  I mean sure there's gonna be obstacles like when people first see us but eventually people will forget about it like that time Natalie accidentally posted her nudes on her snapchat story when she tried to send them to me.  People got over it but you can always do a quick Google search and boom Natalia's tits. 

Nate's mom, who I forgot was still with us, gets up and walks to the kitchen. 

I lay back on the couch and Nate falls back next to me.  I wrap my arm around and use my free arm to play with his face and hair. "So what do you want to do as an official couple now?" He asks.

I shrug, "Wanna go see a movie. And then I could take you out to eat after. We've never had an actual date."

He bites his lips trying to hide a smile but I can see it, "Our first date. Hmm. I like the way that sounds"

"I just hope people won't come up to bother us because of everything that just happened but hopefully since it just happened, not many people will now."

He chuckles, "Oh come on, you really think that many people will care. You're not that hot," he teases.

I slightly roll my eyes, "No but people know who I am. A lot of people."

I don't mean to sound self absorbed but come on, I own one of the biggest law firms in the country. You want a good lawyer, you come to me. Plus there was that whole embezzlement scandal a few years back that was fake but it still gave Blackwell and Associates a lot of publicity. Then there has been many Natalie and I scandals. And I speak at many events like anti abuse on not just women and children but men. Ironically, never spoke at a gay rally. And I've modeled here or there. People know who I am. It's always been that way, especially growing up in a family that was so widely publicized. Even my cousins had a reality tv show for a while. It's just in the Blackwell name.

Nate pats my leg and gets up, "If you say so, I'm gonna go get changed 'Mr. Popular'. You can join me if you want." He adds with a smirk on his lips.

It's like my eyes are on a never ending spiral of rolls when I'm around this kid.