Barbeque -3

"Ready to leave Nate? We've got to be there in less than an hour," my mom says without really giving me an option to leave or not.

I hop up and take a quick glance around the room to make sure I have everything.

1) Phone?
Check ✔️

2) Charger?
Check ✔️

3) My good looking self?
Check ✔️

Looks like I've got all my essentials.

I hear my mom shout from outside of her office, "Hurry up Nate!" I didn't even realize she had left. I do a double check just to make sure and then I light jog out her room.

And just my luck, I run into Mr. Blackwell on the way out. Thankfully this time it was coffee free Mr. Blackwell.

I slowly back away.

He growls. Man that's sexy. "Kid, you seriously need to watch where you're going." He starts to bite his lip.

"Sorry, my bad," I don't really have an excuse. I'm just thankful I get to keep touching his abs because holy hell, man is ripped. It doesn't even look like it.

I hear my moms little pitter patter in her heals. "Please tell me my son did not run into you again sir?"

"I'd like to do it again," I say under my breath. Thankfully neither heard.

I look up at Mr. Blackwell before he replies, "Sadly, he did."

My mom sighs, "Nathaniel-"

"Nate," I cut her off.

She glares, "Nathaniel, I brought you to my job so you could understand you can't just go around without a care in the world, breaking all the rules because there are consequences."

I shake my head at her, "No, no, you don't understand. Rules are made to be broken."

My mom looks up at the sky as if she's blaming God for giving me to her. "Anyways, Mr. Blackwell, this gives me an opportunity to invite you over to my house tonight. We're having a barbecue with friends and family and I'd enjoy it if you came. I'm sorry for the such short notice."

He looks a little taken aback as if he wasn't expecting it. Hell, I wasn't expecting it. Why did she invite him?

Mr. Blackwell clears his throat, "I'm not completely sure how long I'll have to stay at the office, but I'll try. Thank you for the invite Mrs. Adams." My mom does a head nod of acknowledgement and we leave out the elevator.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\

"Hi, Janice, it's nice to see you again," I say to one of neighbors. I didn't even want to come outside, I was hoping to hibernate up in my room until every breathing person left. But then my mom offered me $50 to have conversations with people and make it believable.

I see my uncle by our patio grilling burgers and my cousin complimenting his work. I'm not completely sure what his work is though. Flipping meat? Not burning himself? Looking good while pretending to know what he's doing? Whatever it is, I'm not that curious enough to actually ask.

I see my mom pouring more chips into bowls and also talking to some friends. I walk over to her and cut her off in the middle of her sentence.

"I've pretended to care for a while now, can I go to my room now?"

She rolls her eyes and sets the bag of chips down to reach into her pockets and pull out a 50 dollar bill. I go to snatch it out of her hand but she pulls it away quickly.

"Thank you," she says before letting me take the money.

I go inside the house and go to my room, closing the door.

I pick up a Harry Potter book and continue reading from where I left off. Of course I've read the series already but I felt like rereading it. About 30 mins in I hear a knock on my wooden door.

"Come in," I say low on the ground because of the bean bag chair I was sitting in.

Mr. Blackwell was standing there, "I have sort of a weird request."

Oh this should be interesting.

Fingers crossed for something dirty.

"I kind of came straight here from work and I'm a little over dressed. Suit and tie doesn't exactly seem appropriate and these clothes cost way to much to accidentally spill something on." He says that last part staring straight at me.

I smirk. "So I'm guessing you'd like to borrow some clothes?"

He licks his lips, "Think of it as a way of repaying for running into to me. Twice."

I put my book down and go over to my dresser. I search through my clothes and clothes left by other guys that have "spent the night" here to find something that looked his size and threw him a shirt and pants.

"Bathroom's 2 doors down," I say to him.

After a couple minutes he comes back. He has on a grey v neck that might be a tad too small but it shows off his abs perfectly and jeans that look about the right size.

He holds up his clothes, "Can I keep this in your room?"

I nod and picked up my book. I presume he set his clothes down and left but I wasn't really paying attention because I'm way too focused on Harry's sassy ass.

About 2 hours later, roughly 9 most people had left my house so I decided it was as good as time as any to scour for left overs. I rushed down the stairs and almost smacked Mr. Blackwell's face with mine. But not in the good kind of way, more of the 'bloody-noise' type way.

He looks up surprised at me, "We need to stop meeting like this."

I breathe out a slight laugh, "I just want to state right here, right now, I will not be legally held responsible for any future damages to Mr. Blackwell because I can't control my speed."

Mr. Blackwell starts laughing softly, "That's not how it works kid. But nice try." I roll my eyes in a playful way and then I walk away to find food but before I get a chance to fully leave the room Mr. Blackwell shouts out to me, "Aleister."

I raise my eyebrows and by clear confusion, Mr. Blackwell clarifies, "My first name. Aleister. My friends usually call me by my first name. Only my employees use my last name."

"You have friends?" I joke and this gets a laugh out of him. He lets his head hang and he does this thing where he chuckles and shakes his head at the same time. That, hands down, has to be the most attractive laugh I've ever seen in my 17 years of life. I too laugh a little and back out of the room.

Aleister huh? I kind of like it. Partially because it sounds really cool and I can make fun of him too. Guess who's going to be called Ally from now on? Or Al Gore! I'm going to have so much fun now.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
(A/N) error 404: sleep not found send help
Vote, comment, share please? Love you all

-Emily