Carson's home -15

I get home after a long day of putting papers into envelopes and carefully laying stamps.  I have 3 paper cuts, a major headache, and a little less dignity than when I started.

Once we finally get home, mom takes her high heels off and huffs, laying on the nearest couch.

"Long day?" A voice questions from behind us.  I spin around quick to see my little brother. Well he's not exactly little anymore. What is he like 15 now? He went to boarding school when he was 12/13 because he was doing all sorts of drugs and getting suspended and even expelled from schools so Mom decided to let them deal with his ass. Little did she know I'd turn out the same, the difference is I know how to not get caught.

"Carson," I say chuckling and run up and bare hug him.

Mom walks over to us, "I forgot you were coming home today."

He laughs, "Wow thanks."

She hits him on his shoulder playfully, "You should have told me, I could've picked you up."

He shakes his head, a smile on his face, "No it's fine, I took the bus."

He follows in my moms footsteps and plops down on the couch.

"How was boarding school?" I say raising my eyebrows seeing how tired he is.

"Hell," he replies.

Mom picks up a magazine from the counter and threw it, hitting him square in the face, "Lord, could they not even teach you to behave?"

Carson went to a really strict boarding school that took away their phones, they had to use the ones in the main building and it got so hard to keep in touch we just didn't really.

He folds his arms with a pout, "They were tough.  Anyways, what's up with you big brother, hot girlfriend?  Or boyfriend?  You still into that?"

I roll my eyes at his bluntness, "No one, sadly."

Mom scoffs, "Really?  Then whose house were you at the past two nights?"

There is nothing I want more than to say her rich boss that she secretly wants to be with but I just shrugged.

Besides, it doesn't matter I guess because we're no longer going to be seeing each other. 

Mom clasps her hands together, "Nate, why don't you take Carson out, go have some fun," she pauses and rephrases her sentence, "Some legal fun."

He picks up his leather jacket, "Let me get changed and we can go."

Carson comes down in a white shirt, dark pants, and his leather jacket.

I wave bye to my mom and we leave in my black charger.

Mom doesn't know but I may or may not have stolen money from my her.  It's fine, I'll pay her back someday.

Carson turns the music up loud and rolls his window down letting the wind brush back his brown hair.  "God I missed this. I never had any freedom there.  So where are we going?"

I hold up the wad of cash I stole, "Let's go to a fancy restaurant."

"Mom's?"  He laughs hard referring to cash.

I nod.  We pull up to a fancy restaurant I know Mom eats there sometimes.  I decided to go here because Mom really loves it so it must be good.

Carson and I get out of the car and walk through the doors.

A pretty young lady stands at the front, "Reservation?"

I look down and back up at her, batting my eyelashes, "Are you sure there isn't a free table?"