11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(y/n) sighed as her eyes blinked against the blinding light of a new day, groaning and diving beneath the blankets. The sheets smelt of a cool winters breeze and cinnamon mixed with the scent of pages from a book. It was a calming smell, a familiar one that let (y/n) know she was in Loki's bedroom. A smile bloomed on the girl's face, nuzzling into the prince's pillow before peeking her head out when she heard someone knocking on the door.

"Lady (y/n)?" there were two maids, entering the bedroom with one holding a tray of food and the other holding fabrics and jewels.

"Yes?" (y/n) mumbled out, still tired.

"King Loki has asked us to serve you,"

"To be at your service for any commands you have for us." (y/n) blinks in confusion, never having any maids serve her before until now. She was hidden away from Odin and most of the staff in the palace for so many years, only having Thor, Loki and Frigga as her companions. It felt weird to watch the maids set the items down on the bed, them answering that Loki wished to see her once she was ready.

"You don't have to do anything for me. I'll just get ready and go see him." (y/n) was uncomfortable with the maids being there with her, sending them away before getting dressed. The girl noticed that the fabrics of the gown she was given were more luxurious than she had ever worn before, like they were royal garbs. Granted, Loki always sent beautiful gowns for her to wear but these were more divine.

(y/n) quickly got dressed and left Loki's bedroom, walking towards the throne room where she suspected he would be if her memories of the night before were correct... He had become the standing king of Asgard.

Loki sat in all his glory in his throne, holding the sceptre and looking down on people with his head held up high. He wore his royal Asgardian leather suit made of green and gold, his golden horned helmet securing his authority as the god he was. Loki smelt the familiar faint sweetness of his flower before he heard her little patter of feet, instantly sending everyone in the throne room away.

Loki's blank face immediately softened with a smile as he saw his flower peek her head into the throne room, a smile blooming on her face as she waved at him. He felt the guards bristle on either side of him as (y/n) didn't greet him properly as a king, running up the steps to stand next to him on the throne instead of bowing.

"Stand down." Loki hisses at his guards when they moved before turning back to (y/n). "Morning darling. Sleep well?" (y/n) nods and Loki pulls her to have her sit on the armrest of the throne, a coy smile on his face knowing that the guards were forced to stand still. Loki sat idly in the throne, stretched out with a dominating aura as he pulled his flower close with one of his arms resting around her waist.

(y/n) looked around, taking the situation in with slight fascination. It was a completely different view from the throne, being so high up. Loki let her play with his horned helmet, poking the sharp end as he just stared up at her.

"You're king now." (y/n) says, staring at the king's sceptre Loki held in his other arm.

"I am. What do you think of your dress?"

"It's beautiful! I've never worn anything like this before." Loki took in his flowers happiness, brushing her hair back gently. His fingers glowed a soft green as it weaved through (y/n)'s hair, her feeling a weight on her head form and she reaches up to feel metal.

"There was something missing." Loki admired her smile, her wearing a floral crown as he deemed her royalty in his eyes.

"Allfather, we must speak with you urgently-" The God of Mischief tuts in annoyance that his time with his flower was disturbed, both of them looking over to see Thor's friends freeze seeing the youngest prince on the throne instead of Odin.

"My friends." Loki addresses, holding (y/n) close against him as she waves at Thor's friends with a smile.

"Where's Odin?"

"Father has fallen into the Odinsleep. Mother fears he may never awaken again." Loki sighs sadly and Sif looks over at (y/n) to see if the prince of lies was telling the truth.

"We would speak with her." Sif says.

"She refuses to leave her husband's side." (y/n) answers.

"You can bring your urgent matter to me," Loki felt worthy, standing up with his sceptre to help the citizens of Asgard in their dire need to help. He would prove to Odin that he was the perfect son to take over his legacy and not Thor. "Your king." Loki stalked over the topmost steps, looking down at the Warriors Three plus Lady Sif feeling such exhilaration from the power of being King gave him.

Loki narrowed his eyes at his brother's friends until they lower their heads before kneeling as they were supposed to. The God of Mischief and Lies relished in the recognition and respect he received as the better ruler he is than his so-called lying father. (y/n) watched curiously at the drastic change in Loki, his cold demeanour against Thor's friends. She stands up and resides next to him which he secretly enjoyed, having his flower beside him as his Queen.

"My King, we would ask that you end Thor's banishment." Sif asks and Loki scoffs lightly, walking down the steps.

"My first command cannot be to undo the Allfather's last. We're on the brink of war with Jotunheim." Loki makes his speech of keeping his people safe, slamming the spear down against the ground to reinforce his authority before sending the warriors off after they try to convince him to help but fail.

(y/n) frowned at how distant Loki was to Thor's friends, not even thinking of giving them any sort of aid to help Thor. It was as if he didn't want to free his brother from his banishment, didn't want to give up the taste of the power he had.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Loki... He's not acting like himself... is he?" Frigga spoke softly as she stayed by her husband's side, smoothing down his blanket as (y/n) froze in her spot with her mouth open. She was just about to say but the queen had taken the words straight out from her mouth.

"How did you know?" Frigga chuckles faintly, urging the young girl to sit by her as she closed the bedroom doors behind her.

"Dear, I know much more than you think. I can see more with my witch eyes."

"Right..." (y/n) chuckles in embarrassment and Frigga looked at her to let her speak her concerns. "Loki is changing... something has happened and I need to follow him without letting him know. He's planning something and I'm worried something is wrong." the queen nods, taking a locket out of midair with a twist of her fingers before passing it to (y/n).

"It is a forbidden relic from the weapons vault." (Y/n) peered down at the golden locket, a vial in the centre filled with sand like a timer. There was a dial on the side that turned the hourglass but Frigga stopped the girl before she could twist it. "This locket allows you to find the person you are seeking across the universe but only spiritually. Your physical being will be as it is when you turn that dial."

"So does that mean no one will see or hear me but I can?" The Queen nods.

"You must only use this for emergencies and in an area with absolute silence where no one will bother your being without pulling you back." (Y/n) nods, thanking Frigga before leaving and heading towards her own bedroom.

Loki was gone from the palace, telling her that he had some errands to complete but he did not tell her what they were which made (y/n) suspicious. Especially when he wore Midgardian clothes and left in quite a hurry.

Making sure her bedroom door was locked, (y/n) stood in the middle of her room just in front of her bed before looking at the locket. She kept in mind of who she wanted to find, those familiar green eyes and raven hair filling her mind as she turned the dial a couple of times.

The sand trickled down the hourglass as (y/n) held the locket in her arms, her body going rigid as her eyes darkened. Her arms fell to her sides as the locket floated in the air, the hourglass spinning rapidly before a burst of gold light surrounded (y/n) in a dome. Her hair floated up around the invisible wind in the dome as (y/n)'s mind fell through the darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------