42*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frigga sighed softly as she sat on a chair beside the bed, carefully brushing the sleeping girl's hair from her face. She gently pressed a damp cloth onto her forehead, trying to ease her pain as she tucked her beneath the blanket. Even though it has only been a couple of days since Thor brought (y/n) back to the palace with the help of his mother before going to Midgard with Jane to stop Malekith, (y/n) was not getting better.

Frigga heard the door to (y/n)'s bedroom open and close, sensing her husband standing next to her as she tended to the poor girl. "Be gentle with her..." Frigga frowns, holding (y/n)'s hand in hers as her thumb brushed against the back of her hand. "She has experienced her first heartbreak with Loki now that he's..." she couldn't bring herself to even say the words. She didn't want to believe that her son was once again taken from her.

"I know..." Odin whispers, placing a hand on Friggas's shoulder as she lays her other hand to hold it. She sighs before standing up to leave, closing the bedroom door behind as Odin stood next to the bed. He frowns as he sat down on the bed carefully next to (y/n), his disguising falling as Loki held her hand and kissed the back of it. He had been worried sick when he followed Thor and Jane carry (y/n) back to the palace, her body littered with even more cracks after the single burst of dark magic.

He didn't want to be the cause of her heartbreak as he planned to fake his death to make sure the mad titan would never dare to find him or his love. He needed to make sure that his 'death' would travel so he would be free to spend his life with (y/n).

Loki brushes his fingers against her chest, hearing the faint heartbeat that was almost too quiet unlike before. It pounded like it might burst back on the dead planet but now, now it was barely a whisper and it frightened him. Hearing that heartbeat made him sure that (y/n) was ok, that she was still alive but now he was scared that she was fading away from him.

"I'm so sorry..." the god of mischief whispers before he presses a kiss on the sleeping girl's forehead, the pained expression on her face easing to one of calm as he used his magic to try and heal her. There was a flash of red that travelled through her open cracks before disappearing, now filled with a green glow instead. "Please wake up." Loki whispered, wishing that his love would open her eyes once more. He sighed out, deciding to leave the bedroom as he stood up to walk towards the door, not noticing the stirring of bedsheets that rustled.

"Loki...?" he freezes, his heart racing as he heard that sweet voice again. (y/n) groaned softly as she rubbed her eyes and slowly sat up, asking for the man she knew was long dead if her memory served her right. She didn't notice the other being in her room as she cried, feeling grief. Loki watched as his flower cried for him and he honestly wondered why a gentle soul like hers ever cared about him. She was too special for the world, too precious for him.

"Darling..." Loki whispers out with the softest voice he had, trying not to scare his love as she sniffled and slowly lifted her head. (y/n) thought she had finally gone crazy, seeing an illusion of the man that cared about her standing before him. "I am not an illusion my dear..." Loki smiles, caressing her face as she froze against his touch, feeling that familiar and welcomed cool touch of his skin against hers.

"You're alive!" (y/n) gasps out, launching into his arms to hug him with all her might. Loki held her as close as possible, as close as he physically could. She cries into his shoulder, hugging him tight as if feeling his own heart against hers would truly make her believe that Loki was in front of her. He moves to sit down on the bed, his own tears glazing over his eyes in relief that his flower was awake and in his arms. He relished in her warmth and in the sweet scent of that familiar floral smell that brought a smile to his face every time.