23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(y/n) sighed as she sat in the limo, waiting for the driver to stop at the entrance of the party she was infiltrating for her supposed party. She was forced to dress up and sent into the field with no idea and no information whatsoever of what she had to do except just mingle with the people at the party.

The car finally stopped, a valet opening the car door for (y/n) as she tries to calm her growing nerves. She literally was going in blind. People and the paparazzi freeze to stop and gawk at the beauty that stepped out of her car but she was anxious beneath their eyes. The paparazzi immediately all moved over to take pictures of (y/n), more interested in who she was as she walked down the red carpet towards the building.

It was a chilly night, even though (y/n) couldn't feel it. She wore a white fur coat over her very revealing dress. The dress was black in colour, a long gown that trailed behind her with two thigh-high slits. It both had a plunging neckline as well as it being backless with thin straps. It was extremely uncomfortable for (y/n) to wear as it showed too much of her makeup covered cracks and multicoloured wounds on her skin. SHIELD made sure that she wouldn't be able to hide any weapons in a dress like that.

(y/n) fiddled with the fur coat, everything on her body belonging to Natasha, even the makeup the agent had done on her face. She had loosely curled the girl's hair and covered up the scar on her face using makeup.

"Madam." a man walked up to her, greeting her with a bow as he politely asked if he could take her coat. She nods hesitantly and lets him take her coat, relieved that the people in the party didn't all turn to look up at her as they were too busy interacting with each other. Unbeknownst to (y/n) however, was the pair of eyes that watched her every move from a secluded balcony. He revelled in the way she looked so small and unsure of what to do, her dress accentuating her figure deliciously with the way it made her skin look so soft.

The man didn't see her face, her hair covering her features as he grins from seeing this beauty. He knew that she didn't belong to this party, licking his lips as he watched her walk down the steps gracefully as if she were from a royal family. He didn't know why he liked her until she turned around and he saw her face, a glint of slight recognition sparking in his clouded mind. He knew her, well felt like he knew her but it couldn't be her. She was a mere human that looked like his dróttning. Where was her beautiful warrior's battle scars, her colourful cracks?

She was a copy but it didn't stop him from being drawn to this woman. He kept his eyes on her, watching her mingle about aimlessly while drinking champagne. The music from the orchestra pulled her away from the crowd, enjoying their sound and this gave him the cue to also head down into the party while she was distracted. He storms into the foyer, spinning his cane in his hand before swinging it hard to smash it against the face of a guard which caused people to look at him in shock.

He grabs his target, the old man struggling against his grip and the people around him scream as he slams the old man onto his back on a marble counter. He looks up, eyes scanning the crowd as he takes out his device, finding the pair of eyes he was searching for near the orchestra. He grins mischievously before plunging the device down on the old man's eye as he screams out in absolute pain, causing people to scatter in fright.

(y/n) stood frozen in her place while the people ran for their lives, her eyes wide as she looked at the man in front of her. His raven hair was lightly slicked back but long enough to just touch his shoulders, his familiar blue dull eyes staring back at her with a grin. He wore a suit with green accents and a green shawl over his blazer, even though wearing Midgardian clothing, (y/n) knew who he was straight away.

"Loki..." she whispers, not registering her champagne glass from her grasp as he walked towards her, stumbling backwards from his dark aura that frightened her as he walked over the glass. "Is it really you...?" (y/n) whispers, her eyes welling up with tears that fell down her cheeks which confused the god in front of her. "You're here..." She cries out reaching out to him but he grabs her wrist, narrowing his eyes at her.

Loki watched this woman cry for him with sad tears, noticing her makeup run with her tears to reveal what was hidden beneath. His heart jumps and his head pounds with a sharp pain when he recognises the scar on her face, the same one that ran over her right eye and over her nose. He quickly lets her wrist go and Loki moves closer to the woman, wiping the makeup away to reveal her true self.

"(y/n)..." Loki whispers, the name feeling odd on his tongue as he hasn't seen her for months. He brushes his fingers against her cheek softly as she lets out a shaky sigh, leaning into his touch and his heart races.

"You're here... you're finally here with me..." (y/n) lets out a happy sigh but the happy reunion was cut short when Loki suddenly grabs her hand in his, dragging her out of the party. She watched with confusion as he changes into his royal garbs and wore his horned helmet on his head, the cane in his hand turning into the sceptre that had the stone she was hoping to never see again.

Loki dragged (y/n) outside with him, changing his plans of having an illusion of him being captured to actually him being captured now that he had found his dróttning. He walked out, creating illusions of himself to surround the cowering crowd. "Kneel before me." The crowd didn't do as they were commanded which angered Loki, raising his sceptre and slamming the end against the ground. "I said KNEEL!"

(y/n)'s knees buckled from Loki's command, quickly catching herself but it didn't go unnoticed by the god of Mischief, a grin growing on his smile as the crowd finally kneels before him. She watches with furrowed brows as Loki lets her go to walk closer to the crowd, wondering why he was doing all this. Why he was commanding these people like he wanted to be king again. Was this all the mind stones doing? Was this the mad titan making Loki do all this because (y/n) knows for a fact that Loki never wanted a throne.

"Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state?" He starts walking through the crowd, his arms open wide with a smug smile on his face. "It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation." Loki makes his speech of humanity being destined to kneel, (y/n) feeling a twist in her stomach until some old man stands up within the crowd.

"Not to men like you." the man speaks against Loki who just smiles coyly.

"There are no men like me."

"There are always men like you." Loki runs his tongue over his lips, pointing his sceptre to the old man that stands his ground despite being a target of the Mind Stone. "Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example." Before the God of Mischief could hurt him, (y/n) runs over to stand in front of the sceptre.

Loki narrows his eyes at her as she was in the way. "Don't do this Loki." She didn't like how he was willing to hurt people that go against his simple demands, didn't like how he easily disregarded their lives and sought bloodshed as his only option.

"Move (y/n)." she stands her ground, unmoving. Loki seethes, grasping her neck and she lets out a choked gasp of surprise as he leans down close to her. "I will not ask again my dear." she holds Loki's arm that held her by her neck but not tight enough that she couldn't breathe, feeling his thumb brush against her jaw before pulling her into his chest. "Now you will watch." There was rage in Loki's voice as he holds (y/n), her back flush against his chest as he tightens his hold on her neck before raising his sceptre to kill the old man.

"Loki-" (y/n) croaks out as he blasts the old man but the energy was backfired past the god and into the building behind him when the American man protects the old guy with his shield.

"The soldier. The man out of time." Loki chuckles darkly, (y/n) wondering how he knew that when he had never met the man before.

Steve looked over at (y/n) with worry, knowing that she didn't have her sword with her to protect herself and even though she could take down just about anyone without it, she wouldn't fight Loki. "I'm not the one who's out of time." Steve comments, hearing the chuffing of the quinjet behind him. He needed to move quickly to pull (y/n) out of harm's way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------