12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(y/n) gasps as her eyes snap open, stumbling back in the darkness of an open field with men in hazmat suits and strange devices. The stars were above her but the building in front of her was much brighter, strange tunnels threading through and around the building. She looked down at herself as she stood on the muddy ground from the rain that recently fell, her body dull and transparent like a lost ghost. (y/n) felt her body standing back in her room and she looked around for Loki, wondering where on Asgard she was. She didn't recognise the land or the people, slipping past these men and into the building.

She needed to find Loki, needed to see what he was up to as the terrible nagging feeling in her grew. She followed this feeling, dodging the people and trying not to go through them. Her feet padded across the floor, walking through open doorways until she reached a cell-like room that had Thor sitting on a chair in.

"Thor!" (y/n) gasped, looking at his defeated figure slumped over in the chair and she frowned, wanting to comfort her friend. "Thor..." she mumbles sadly, her hand phasing through his hair when she tried to brush them back but sighs and steps back when he suddenly looks her with wide eyes. "Can you see me-"

"-Loki!" (y/n) turns around to find the man she was looking for standing behind her in the Midgardian clothes he wore when he left the palace, standing towards the side as the brothers spoke to each other. "What are you doing here?"

"I had to see you." Loki spoke softly, a grim look on his face.

"What's happened? Tell me. Is it Jotunheim? Let me explain to Father." Thor begged.

"Father is dead." (y/n) saw how broken Thor looked when his own brother told him that his father had apparently passed, an expression so sad and in pain but (y/n) thought about why Loki was lying to him.

"What?"

"Your banishment, the threat of a new war, it was too much for him to bear." Loki spoke softly, a grim look on his face as he lied through his teeth. (y/n) narrowed her eyes at the very God of Lies hurting his own brother as Thor slowly began to believe that it was all his fault. "It was so cruel to put the hammer within your reach, knowing that you could never lift it." Thor slowly broke down in tears, not for his hammer but for his father he looked up to and loved. 

The eldest prince wondered about (y/n) feeling regret for hurting her and leaving her behind. "Is (y/n) ok?" The last time Thor had seen (y/n) was before Loki had taken her to get healed and the girl wanted to hug Thor so bad, to let him know she was ok.

"I'm fine Thor..." (y/n) spoke up, wishing that he could hear her as tears spilled down his cheeks.

Loki tilted his head slightly, swearing he had heard someone else voice in the wind before explaining to Thor that the burden of the throne has fallen onto his shoulders. Loki looked towards the side of the room, an empty space that felt odd to him. 

(y/n) wondered if Loki could see her, waving her arms before walking across the room to the other side. "Can I come home?" Loki looked back at his brother. (y/n) furrowed her brows as Loki spilled lie after lie, making excuses why Thor couldn't come home. The brothers painfully said their supposed last goodbyes as Loki walked away and (y/n) sighed, hugging Thor even though he couldn't feel her before she left the cell he was in. She ran after Loki, creeping and following him as he walked through the facility. 

(y/n) saw Thor's hammer over the edge of the railing, lodged into the ground and she knew Loki saw the hammer too. Loki walked towards the hammer, hidden away from the eyes of the Midgardians as his curiosity plagued him. He truly believed what he was doing was for the good of Asgard despite the lies he told to those around him.