18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was quiet in the dim-lit room, hushed voices being careful to not upset the poor girl who was already terrified beyond compare. She curled into a tight ball, wedged in a small space between two desks as her back rested against the wall. (y/n) tried to block out the voices, hiding her head in her knees as she had them pulled up to her chest. She could feel the stares of these people and she desperately wanted to hide from them.

These people called themselves the Avengers after they introduced themselves, heroes of the realm Midgard that she was on. She was on planet Earth.

"She's just a terrified young girl..."

"She caused a lot of collateral damage Stark-"

"-don't tell me you didn't act the same when you first escaped your cryo-hibernation Capsicle."

"She didn't necessarily hurt anyone Rogers."

"She could be dangerous."

"As dangerous as you Bruce? You're softie beneath all that green armour."

"Shut up all of you, you're scaring her even more." Tony whisper yelled before carefully walking over to the girl that hid from everyone. "Hey, sweetheart." He whispers softly, kneeling in front of the frightened girl. She didn't make a move and he frowns. "(y/n)..." Tony tries again, earning a flinch back from his hand that rested on her arm. Tony looks back at the others, not knowing what to do.

"We have to tell Fury-"

"-I already know." The avengers all look at Fury who stood by the doorway with Coulson who just ended his conversation with someone on his phone.

"What do we do? She's not responding." Clint says with a sigh.

"I know someone that she might recognise and get her to trust us."

"Someone from this so-called place called Asgard?" Steve scoffs before silencing when the two agents glare at him. "Wait, there is actually a place called Asgard."

"Yes." Fury rolls his eyes before turning to Coulson. "How long will it be till he gets here?"

"Right about now actually sir." The helecarrier suddenly shook with a loud thump before a roaring voice shook everyone's insides except for (y/n). Her head quickly shot up as she recognised the voice, crying out which shocked the avengers.

"What is this urgent matter that I was called to Midgard-"

"-Thor!?" (y/n) gasps as she scrambles to her feet, the God of Thunder freezing before he looked over at his friend that he had mourned for.

"(y/n)... I-you... you're alive!?" (y/n) cries as she rushes towards him, happily jumping in Thor's arms to hug someone she finally recognised. Thor picks her up and hugs her back just as tightly, tears running down his face to be able to hold his family again. The avengers watched with wide eyes to see the strong and quite terrifying god break down in tears for a single girl that they had no clue about.

"Do you think she's his girlfriend?" Clint whispers to Natasha and she shrugs.

"If she's a goddess, she's quite a small one compared to breakpoint here." Tony mumbles out.

"I cannot believe you are here, in my arms! Fate has smiled on us both!" Thor exclaims as (y/n) leans back from the hug. He noticed the drastic change in his friend, noticing the various scars and wounds on her body but decided to question her later about it and not ruin this joyous occasion.