38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How is she?"

"It's difficult to tell, she's not healing properly."

"Is there anything we can do?"

"Your mother is trying to find a solution... her body... it's stuck in a stasis of transformation."

"...Loki should be here... he should be here with her..."

"I hear he's not handling the situation too well."

"No, he's worried sick."

The voices soon fade away in the darkness, leaving the girl alone in the abyss. She was frantic, struggling to pull away from the hands that held her down from seeing the light. A state she hoped to never fall back into.

Loki...

His name echoes around her and she pushes against the darkness, knowing that she couldn't leave him. She promised she wouldn't leave him, not now, not ever. She felt a surging burst of pain spread across her body as she opens her eyes, (y/n) blinking against the light from right above her. She pushed through the pain as she slowly sat up, holding her stomach as she dropped down from the medic bed she was laying on.

Her feet buckled beneath her but (y/n) moved to grab the blanket before leaving the medical room, heading straight for the dungeons as she remembered Loki being dragged away. She wandered down the halls of the once beautiful glorious palace made of gold, now just crumbled to debris and ruin as the atmosphere of the people were full of grief and solemn. None looked her way as she walked past them and down the familiar stairs she had travelled up and down in the middle of the night. She felt a tug on her chest, urging her to move faster, to reach her destination.

The girl slipped past the guards, walking down the blood-soaked hallways of the dungeons until she reached the one cell she was looking for. He was the only one in his cell, a broken look of regret and self-hatred on his face as he sat still like an unmoving robot against the wall. (y/n) could see the dried tear stains on Loki's cheeks, his hair all messed up and clothes all rumpled. He was surrounded by the destruction of furniture that he must have ripped apart in despair. Her chest ached and she desperately wanted to comfort her love who just looked so dead, pained to see him so sad like this.

She silently walked up to his cell, hovering her hand over the electrical wall that buzzed with alarming heat beneath her hand. "Loki..." his name slips from her lips in a pained whisper and he furrows his brows, slowly lifting his head up to reveal the exhaustion in his eyes.

"(y/n)..." his voice cracks and he quickly gets up, walking towards his love that was just out of reach from him.

"Please don't cry." She mumbles out, leaning against the wall as she moves to kneel down from fatigue. Loki frowns seeing her clutch her stomach, seeing the red soak the bandage as he kneels down before her. "I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me." Loki snaps before faltering. He just wanted to hold her, use his magic to heal her and make sure she was ok.

He hovers his hand over (y/n)'s before the electrical wall, so close yet so far from being able to feel her touch. (y/n) leans her head against the wall, feeling more and more tired. She could feel herself get pulled away, the pieces of herself slowly crumbling away. She didn't want Loki to see her like this but she wanted to make sure he was the last thing she saw if she didn't make it.

Loki could see his loves doe eyes slowly become dull, losing their precious spark and he panics. "(y/n)! Do not close your eyes!" She was too tired to listen and Loki quickly stands up, yelling as he threw the broken furniture against the wall. He tried to break through, tried to bring down the wall.